Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Dagger Solingen (Bad shape)

Article about: Once again I come for some aid, I'm asking for your opinion on this SS Dagger, it looks like a Solingen but I am not sure what to think about it. The seller tells me it's 100% original and w

Default SS Dagger Solingen (Bad shape)

Once again I come for some aid, I'm asking for your opinion on this SS Dagger, it looks like a Solingen but I am not sure what to think about it.
    The seller tells me it's 100% original and wants $1000 for it. Maybe I can get it a little cheaper due to condition, and I am keen on getting it as it has a good look to it even though it's in rough state.

So what is your opinions guys?

Thank you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger Solingen (Bad shape)
    P
    Many

?

Seller is trying to rip you off, run Forest run!

Piece belongs in a recycle bin for junk metal

Is it really that bad?

But for authentisity it's ok?

Lower guard is an SA guard marked for the Hessen district.
    Grip has been worked on mostly noticeable around the runes button which has been replaced. The rest of the grip painted over to hide what ever else is going on with it.
    The grip may also be an SA grip.

Blade is severely pitted.
    This dagger is in rough shape and IMO not worth the price tag placed upon it.

The choice is yours whether to purchase

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

How does the blade get in such poor condition when it has a scabbard? The brown brushed coating looks to my eyes like contrived patina. Ground dug blade?

Damn you guys are good.

Personally, I'd look for a better one. When it comes to something like an SS dagger, you're going to be paying a lot for a decent example. It's worth investing the time and money to save up for a good one, at least in my opinion. It can be a painful wait, but the feeling when it finally arrives is incomparable. It'll also be far easier to sell a decent example if or when the time comes. A dagger in this condition is going to be very hard to shift in future should you choose to do so.

Trust me. Wait a while, save up some money and buy yourself a nice SS dagger. I can guarantee you won't regret it.

Regards, B.B.

?

Whenever i see this paint artifical like patina and scrachtes i know enough, simple look for another.
    You dont even need to determen the parts like Larry did, its a work around parts daggers.

Not collectible in any way.

Ger
    BTW this is NOT a authentic SS dagger, but a put together overworked partsdagger, not even build of Original SS parts.