Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Dagger thoughts please

Article about: Hi Guys out of my comfort zone here so need some help here, described as original are there any obvious red flags? what would the going price for such a piece as no cost mentioned as yet, on

?

Quote by Vernichtung View Post
    scabbard was added later, i am pretty sure.
    Why?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger thoughts please
    P
    Many

?

I do not collect these daggers, but i have an question. Will parts from SA daggers be used when people restore these daggers?

Quote by TrondK View Post
    I do not collect these daggers, but i have an question. Will parts from SA daggers be used when people restore these daggers?
    Absolutely!....and a great question Trond .. Many SS and SA crossguards have been used and even matched to wood grips. Those who collect these type daggers will see the imperfection right away ..and sometimes. A little bit longer to detect due to a good fit. I tend to stay away from these RZM types that have a mixed direction of unlikely fittings.
    Not all are like the example above . but a study should ensue to find a comparable example of the same producer. The results are always surprising.. Whether consistent.. Or not.

The Heer Dagger is just that ..and the same challenges. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

CBH
    ?

I once heard that the M in the RZM logo shouldn't be closed off by the circle on real RZM marked blades . I'm not a big Dagger guy but it's something I heard years ago .

So conclusion, parts dagger at best, any guidelines in value, i collect what i can afford.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I'm not thrilled with the sheath fit to the lower guard. The sheath, in it's entirety does not look to match the dagger and is, in my opinion, a marriage. I could not be satisfied with this one.
    Quite a few of these forced "marriages" when examined closely look like they took place in somebody's basement chapel which is the case here IMO. With not just parts, but also reworked parts, from different sources used in trying to create the illusion of the "perfect couple". . Best Regards, Fred

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    So conclusion, parts dagger at best, any guidelines in value, i collect what i can afford.
    I understand the balancing act between wanting something even if it's just a representative example and affordability. But as for the direct question about price guidelines with the images so far, it could be just the value of the usable parts as a starting place/baseline? But even that is still an unknown IMO because of the unacceptable quality of the photos which for me in the post infancy stage of digital imaging personally would be a "show stopper". Best Regards, Fred

?

I would hold out and budget up for a better piece in future. Just my opinion.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Cheers folks, walked away from it, the guy selling it still insists its a good one, regarding it being stripped his reply was " well its the only way to authenticate it"
    I will wait.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2