Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Dagger for viewing...

Article about: by 85ronnies Attachment 141599 here is mine for a comparison cheers Ronnie Ronnie, that is like rubbing salt in a open wound ( lol ) , such a great dagger. Thanks for sharing. Brian

Default Re: SS Dagger for viewing...

Quote by KW355 View Post
    I am not an expert but it looks like the scabbard has been painted and the blade shortened on the first one, also the bottom crossguard and scabbard gap seems odd. Bigger photos may help
    That’s my impression of it also, with the observation that it seems to be a mixture of ill fitting parts. And better and more close up photos would certainly help. Especially with something that is going to cost in the neighborhood of $2000.00 dollars.

Brian, A few months back, an acquaintance of mine showed me a M 1933 dagger he had just purchased at $2500.00 being very pleased to get one at that price. And in a display case from 4 or 5 feet away, I can see where he might have felt that way. To cut to the chase: It was a conglomeration of parts, some old, some altered, and some probably of much more recent manufacture. There is a tradeoff between price and originality. And was he willing to pay $2500.00 for some TR era parts that were now components of an altered/put together dagger? ((In his case the answer is no, and he got his money back.)

I also have problems with the second dagger. One of which: Is that supposed to be a TR era factory finished blade? Regards, FP
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Dagger for viewing... 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger for viewing...
    P
    Many

OK, I think i see what you mean, after looking closely , and blowing up the pics.

thanks for the input.

Brian

Brian, You can be the judge, and it's not the same as an an actual side by side look. But here is a side by side image of the two blades that are both supposed to be 1939 vintage RZM daggers. Regards, FP
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Dagger for viewing...  

?

Both daggers have fake blades. Spurios etching for the maker marks and mottos. Fake grips, fake grip eagles, fake SS roundels.
    Clearly the scabbard doesn't fit the crossguard on the first dagger. Besides being repainted, probably an SA scabbard.

Get away from both of these very bad daggers made to deceive only the novice.
    You would only be throwing away your money on trash.

-wagner-

Yes, I walked away from both of these.

Thanks
    Brian

Brian that Puma is an outright fake.
    Sorry

100% with you on that Ian ......its a bad one

Brian, being the newb I am , I would probably been all tickled over them also, till I saw the blades side by side, man the width difference is horrible, sorry for you man, would have been a dream for me too 2 SS daggers at one whack, but I'm not rich like you. just a joke. glad you didn't get ripped off, make sure the guy see's the pic's then watch him squirm.

That's why i ask questions about TR items here before i spend a lot of money , as there are experts in here, with vast experience of knowledge, and they all are willing to share, and help, which is great.

Thanks guys, all of the info is greatly appreciated.

Brian

SS Dagger for viewing...

here is mine for a comparison
    cheers Ronnie

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast