Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS dagger without chain good or bad?

Article about: Hallo Guys, I can buy this SS dagger for 950 euro. should i do this or not? The chain is missing but the dagger seems good, no maker stamp on the blade. sorry for the crap pictures, i hope i

Default SS dagger without chain good or bad?

Hallo Guys,

I can buy this SS dagger for 950 euro.
    should i do this or not? The chain is missing but the dagger seems good,
    no maker stamp on the blade. sorry for the crap pictures, i hope it` s enough.SS dagger without chain good or bad?

SS dagger without chain good or bad?SS dagger without chain good or bad?SS dagger without chain good or bad?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger without chain good or bad?
    P
    Many

Those photos aren't good enough to make that determination, friend...I wouldn't spend 950Euros based on these photos alone...Not having blade manufacturer's markings...
    I look forward to hearing more opinions from our seasoned dagger collectors...
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 01-25-2015 at 04:27 PM.

No maker markings IMO are correct for this series of daggers that were made outside of RZM control. That said, I'm not impressed with what I see in the images with poor imaging often used to try and conceal fakery. With the chain sets themselves very often a problem for fakers. So for me it's a . But I'm always open for some new/better photos if for no other reason than to get a better sense of an item that is in question. Best Regards, Fred
    Last edited by Larry C; 01-23-2015 at 10:57 PM.

thanks,

I will try to get better Photo`s from the seller. He quitting his collection and needs the money that is why he is selling it. He also gave me the pictures of his NSSk dagger with chain, which looked very good. The SA daggers were good aswel, but the pictures for this one were not as good as the others so red flags indeed.

regards, Job

Hi Job!... As said the photos are not the best..and they are very important to see clear detail..when examining these CH SS types for the money they are worth. The etch is deep and appears almost too smooth looking..these Early SS types with this one appearing to be from the initial production..the etch is more shallow and closer to the top of the blade. Im pretty sure this blade does not belong...and including the center ramp on the scabbard is junk. The center ramp swastika are not slightly staggered..and the patina is unmatching. Dont waste your money on this..and I would rather have you spend your money on a whole example. Presently there is an Early Initial production CH SS dagger only ( unmarked ) in the classified section..which is very reasonable for the type collector.

IMO save your money for a more complete example. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello Job, I have to say that I am not liking the finish on the sheath. It's condition does not match the set, and it may be just my eyes, but I'm not seeing the mounts on it looking like they've ever held a chain in place. As said above, the blade etch is not looking correct either. It is extremely smooth and deep. There are many authentic chained daggers to examine on this forum to compare with this one-you will see what everyone means when you do. Overall, this dagger is looking like a very well aged put together fake. I would advise passing on it along with anything else this seller may have on offer. For me, quite often one rotten apple destroys the credibility of the rest of the barrel. A good seller should be able to notice the flaws and know what he is selling. If they do not, then they are no one that I would wish to deal with.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

thanks, for the opinion guys.

I have not been collecting for not so long, but SS daggers i find the most attractive. I really want a good one in my collection( the fake I have on the wall is nothing like the originals). The condition of the blade is what made me post this one here, it looked way too new. I will post the NSkk dagger here aswel, it looked good to me. I am still a rookie and have much too learn.

regards, Job

?

Welcome to WRF Job. Concur with the guys above on this one.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Here i have the better pictures(still not the best,but better):SS dagger without chain good or bad?SS dagger without chain good or bad?SS dagger without chain good or bad?SS dagger without chain good or bad?

Quote by Vernichtung View Post
    thanks, for the opinion guys.

I have not been collecting for not so long, but SS daggers i find the most attractive. I really want a good one in my collection( the fake I have on the wall is nothing like the originals). The condition of the blade is what made me post this one here, it looked way too new.
    Your Post above is why the WRF exists. You have done the correct course of action..bring into question the above dagger. You felt uncomfortable with it..and needed answers..to what have been a potential wallet disaster. I whole heartedly agree ..in your words.. " but SS daggers i find the most attractive "...it is that attraction also that has captured the eyes and hearts of fakers and scammers..looking to live up to those 2 words i just said. I also see the beauty in them..and the beauty of what they are worth.
    This one IMO was parted together. You have sen the difference of some of these beauties..that are pinned at the top of the SS dagger forum..it is these that are hard to acquire...if one does not know what they are looking at.

The extra photos that you have provided shows the dagger for what it is...condition is not matching. The blade is one of those brushed steel modern repros..with a deep etch. The scabbard paint is brand new..without a scratch which should send up red flags right away.
    This dagger has been apart since it was replaced with a junk blade..so it would not hurt to take it apart again to see any tang and crossguard stampings. As I said your greatest points of reference are reading through some of the threads within this forum..and mainly asking questions when in doubt.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast