Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS Damascus steel dagger, opinion

Article about: Hello. Could you tell me its fake dagger? And how much its worth becouse i cant find any information in web. Thank you Jacob

Quote by ceies View Post
    Problem is that seller promise on his auction that this dagger is "100% original, 2 ww, perfect condition" etc.
    So for all beginners like me everythink looks ok, even after i compared tihs dagger with original which you show me, still looks good.
    When it comes to a dagger like this..Which is supposed to represent a High dollar item..the first question to ask is how much is the reserve if its at an auction house. I was not joking..when I said this type of dagger starts at $80,000 US. Then studying an item once..will not give you all the answers right away..sometimes this stuff takes years..but at least the you should see some differences in detail on what is expected of an Eickhorn product.
    You did come here which was the best move and asked questions . From those ho collect and or study these..this SS example was not even close...also the most important when spending this amount of money on a item like this..is to see what internal markings there are..and demand!! to see them..this is the money thats about to be lost. Dont take the word of an auctioneer..as many varied items come through the auction house from militaria..to dollhouses..coins tea cups..old clothes etc..
    This dagger is way out of proportion not only in shape..but also in detail. Ask about a price first when it comes to this..and that should give you a great idea..which direction your decision will go. Its junk..but you done well by coming here and sharing it with us..so glad it was not you that bought it

Quote by TrondK View Post
    Alot of crying and bitching will come when the biiiiiig collection is being sold to finance a vacation home in the caribbean in some years.

At least the lucky owners can use these daggers to commit Seppuku.
    Im thinking a better use of the dagger may be a game of lawn darts.

SS Damascus steel dagger, opinion
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Damascus steel dagger, opinion
    P
    Many

?

Just to give some info regarding so called damask blade. From Pakistan there is now being shipped alot of different pattern "damask" metal and labeled as Made in Australia. I read about it in a knife makers group i follow on facebook- yes yes, i had to start using fb again.

Anyway, be prepared for more daggers of this kind in the years to come.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3