MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Dienstdolch

Article about: Greetings from South Carolina. This dagger came into a local gun show last weekend and I carried it home. It seemed correct with two anomalies. The lower was turned around and the ss "b

Default SS Dienstdolch

Greetings from South Carolina. This dagger came into a local gun show last weekend and I carried it home. It seemed correct with two anomalies. The lower was turned around and the ss "button" was about 90 degrees from vertical. I know you should never disassemble or clean these things but I did both. I used a mild paste on the blade and fittings called MAAS and lemon oil on the handle. It is a Boker. With the guard being backwards, does this indicate post war assembly? Any thoughts/opinions SS DienstdolchSS DienstdolchSS DienstdolchSS Dienstdolch would be appreciated.Best, Keith

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dienstdolch
    P
    Many

Default re: SS Dienstdolch

Here is a shot after light surface cleaning and orienting the crossguard
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Dienstdolch  

That is a beauty!
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Hi Keith, people mess with things and daggers get taken apart simply for curiosities sake.

You did the right thing turning it around and that old oil and gunk needed to come off the blade in this case, as long term it would have potentially caused the blade to grey.

Cheers, Ade.

PS: Welcome to the forum! And congrats on a good original dagger.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

very nice you did the right thing and it does look a lot better now
    welcome to the forum

tom

?

Welcome to the forum Keith,

Congratulations on picking up a cracking dagger there, well done! Nice work cleaning her up too!

Regards,

Carl

?

Keith, a great find & a nice clean up job

keep an eye out on ebay for a solid nickle bottom fitting for the scabbard

Thanks for the welcome and impressions of the dagger. I did locate a beater SA, with a suitable lower fitting that I will use as a donor. best- keith

?

Quote by keith smart View Post
    Thanks for the welcome and impressions of the dagger. I did locate a beater SA, with a suitable lower fitting that I will use as a donor. best- keith
    Great, show us a pic of the finished dagger with its bottom scabbard fitting added

SS DienstdolchThanks for all the positive comments. I received a beater SA in the mail today that had an excellent scabbard fitting. These tiny crews are not for the faint of heart. Best-Keith

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast