Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Dienstdolch ''from my uncle''

Article about: 2 days ago i posted the thread about the SS dagger with ''Himmler Widmung'' I really have no knowledge about this sort of 'stuff''. But today my uncle vissit my place and i now he possessed

Default SS Dienstdolch ''from my uncle''

2 days ago i posted the thread about the SS dagger with ''Himmler Widmung'' I really have no knowledge about this sort of 'stuff''.
    But today my uncle vissit my place and i now he possessed an SS dagger and asked him to bring it to me to share with
    you guys.
    This one is real for sure!His father had an cafe in the town of Rimburg south-Netherlands.In 1944 waffen SS men where on there way
    to Belgium(battle of the bulge)and they had an stop/pauze in Rimburg, some of them slept in the cafe of my uncle's father.
    The next day they moved out and go on their way.One of them forgot his dagger and an Kriegsverdienstkreuz mit schwerten(also with
    the pics).
    Hope you enjoy the pictures!One of the pics is with the M40 Wehrmacht helmet that i bought from Maris the ''Ostlanddigger''.SS Dienstdolch ''from my uncle''SS Dienstdolch ''from my uncle''SS Dienstdolch ''from my uncle''SS Dienstdolch ''from my uncle''SS Dienstdolch ''from my uncle''SS Dienstdolch ''from my uncle''SS Dienstdolch ''from my uncle''SS Dienstdolch ''from my uncle''SS Dienstdolch ''from my uncle''SS Dienstdolch ''from my uncle''SS Dienstdolch ''from my uncle''SS Dienstdolch ''from my uncle''

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dienstdolch ''from my uncle''
    P
    Many

The dagger looks great..with looks to be a possible period fix or a recent fix with a period link connector closest to the center ramp of the scabbard. The Link opening is facing forward and should be facing towards the rear...not a problem IMO..but just an observation. Other opinions welcome.

The helmets would be best also to be shared in the helmet forum. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I Like it. A decent and honest chained SS straight out of the woodwork and unseen before. It looks to be in fine shape and not taken apart,cleaned or abused much-if at all.

I have to wonder, though, just how well that went over with the guy who forgot to bring it with him? I can just see the guys with him :"Uhh..Hans....Vehr ist your Dagger?? You lost it Again, Dumkopf?!"
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

yes unfortunately never one of them came back to my uncle's father.It's never been taken apart, cleaned and polished.
    It's hanging on the wall next to his sleeping room:-)

Yes Larry i would do that! :-)

haha sorry I will do that(my englisch is not so good) ;-)

?

Awesome dagger the story is great always neat to when you can link an item like this back to the time and place it came from very cool

Quote by sebasvg View Post
    yes unfortunately never one of them came back to my uncle's father.It's never been taken apart, cleaned and polished.
    It's hanging on the wall next to his sleeping room:-)
    Wouldn't your "uncle's father" be your grandfather?

A father's uncle would be your great uncle. Only your father's Father would be your grandfather.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    A father's uncle would be your great uncle. Only your father's Father would be your grandfather.
    He doesn't write "my father's uncle".
    He writes "my uncle's father".

To me, an uncle is the brother of my father (or mother).

And that is why I asked.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast