Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS-Dienstdolch by Robert Klaas from Lakesidetrader

Article about: hehe, well.. I'm not sure how the world would look if the Germans "Nazis" manage to take over the world (I'm not stating that germans=nazis...) I love thinking about the past comma

Default SS-Dienstdolch by Robert Klaas from Lakesidetrader

SS Dagger from Lakesidetrader.

I know Paul is a very good dealer and a lot of people have been haveing good deals with him.
    I want to be 100% sure by haveing you're opinions on this Robert Klaas SS Dagger.

SS-Dienstdolch by Robert Klaas from Lakesidetrader

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Dienstdolch by Robert Klaas from Lakesidetrader
    P
    Many

Default re: SS-Dienstdolch by Robert Klaas from Lakesidetrader

Looks perfectly original to me, but there appears to be a serious issue with the blade about halfway down on the reverse side, that looks like serious damage. The ball on the scabbard is crushed and split too. If I bought it, these things would always sit uncomfortably with me even if it is reasonably priced....Not for me; I'd personally keep looking; but it's your opinion that counts in the end.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I like it. seems to have some nice honest wear and is in decent shape overall.

The blade is quite spotty and the anodizing on the sheath is not all that attractive, but it's basically a good piece.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I don't think I can get one in nicer codision for $3295.
    I want to make a deal with a dealer and not with a private person, less trusty IMO

As everyone has said it is original no doubt..For that price , it would be expected to have a few issues. Great conditioned SS daggers overall are not cheap. "its better to have Hogs breath, than no breath at all" when it comes to buying SS related regalia. One has to consider,,, are they buying the dagger or the history of it! ... Of course everyone has personal preferences of condition,, but a balance is needed as to what they buyer can afford and settling on a condition. There is no doubt, that.. SS dagger will sell if someone wants it bad enough and accepts the condition its in ,and the dark history that surrounds it. 20 years ago SS dagger prices were starting at $800,, the price of a half decent SA today.
    Paul Hogle is the last stop before entering a higher price bracket of the same conditioned selling for $900 more,, or unless a person is a savvy enough to take his or her chances on an auction site and nail one down for $2000 less.... but thats a "box of chocolates" its either hit or miss.
    There were only a handful of SS dagger makers compared to the vast list of SA makers,, every SS dagger maker made great daggers and Klaas was fortunate enough to be included in SS production.
    If you decide to buy it Normandie, I am sure once you have it in your hand,, you will see what photos lack in detail. Remember who and what type of person carried it. This early SS dagger has been presence of some big and scary individuals, and this is something I personally choose over a RZM type dagger. The workmanship is all there and you will not find that workmanship in a Late RZM SS.

Quote by Siegfried B View Post
    you will see what photos lack in detail. Remember who and what type of person carried it. This early SS dagger has been presence of some big and scary individuals.
    What do you mean about that Siegfried?
    I'm 90% sure I'm getting the SS Dagger, this will be my first and probably the last SS Item I'm buying, since I'm collecting mostly Heer (Cheaper and I'm a fanatic about Heer releated items)

Quote by Normandie View Post
    What do you mean about that Siegfried?
    I'm 90% sure I'm getting the SS Dagger, this will be my first and probably the last SS Item I'm buying, since I'm collecting mostly Heer (Cheaper and I'm a fanatic about Heer releated items)
    It wont be your last mate You know it and I know it !

If it were me I would snap it up !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hmm, I wonder who used it, and when it was prodused.

It's a little bit sad, I can't get to know who used the Heer helmets and the weapons I've got at home, I wonder what they have been through!
    Love this hobby, though, it's expensive!

Normandie, do not get the wrong impression of the statement i made,,,Woolgar summed it up the best and i feel the same.."snap it up" and get it while you can. Everything else I said is promotion for the history of the dagger. Those scary individuals i refer to were the TR personalities.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast