Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Dienstdolch for sale. What do you think?

Article about: I always look at layaway as an option. I like to purchase nice pieces and \\$300 down would be nice on a \\$2500 or \\$3000 dagger with a nice scabbard! Just my thoughts! It makes me work a little

Default SS Dienstdolch for sale. What do you think?

I have the chance to buy this SS dagger for $300. It looks good to me, but I am by no means a dagger expert. The price didn't seem too high for it being an SS dagger. There is no sheath but then the price reflects that. This definately has the 'been there' look and feel to it! The wood handles have darkened in just the right spots like the oil from hands gripping the handle. The maker is Robert Klaas Soligen. Thanks in advance for your opinions.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Dienstdolch for sale.  What do you think?   SS Dienstdolch for sale.  What do you think?  

SS Dienstdolch for sale.  What do you think?   SS Dienstdolch for sale.  What do you think?  

SS Dienstdolch for sale.  What do you think?   SS Dienstdolch for sale.  What do you think?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dienstdolch for sale.  What do you think?
    P
    Many

Default re: SS Dienstdolch for sale. What do you think?

It's a real SS dagger if thats what you are asking it certainly had a hard life if you are wanting a reasonably cheap ss dagger then this is ok, BUT! if you are looking to sell it on to make some cash on it then i would think again, put your money to a better dagger if you want to invest
    JMO as we say, good luck
    hope this helps cheers Ronnie

No, not looking to sell. Just will never be able to afford a 'good' one, so I figured the $300 price tag was more in my price range. I understand it has condition issues...but my personal preference is to have some 'wear and tear' on it---makes me want to look at it and wonder what it has seen and where its been! Thanks

?

I think the blade is real but im not too sure about the runes, top crossguard and the eagle , the runes appear to have been messed with, the crossguard has some deep abrasive scratches , as if fine abrasive cloth has been used, the eagle appears to have been painted over then paint removed. I think this may well be a parts dagger , its up to you with paying $300

parts is parts....i would pass on this if it were me

Totally original dagger, it has just had a very hard life.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks for the input everyone! I have a decision to make now.... I have 2 people who say 100% original, and 2 that say parts. I guess I will go and take a look at it again in person and make a 'gut' decision. When I saw it in person, my gut told me it was definately 100% original. But, as I stated, I am FAR from a dagger expert! If I can get the guy to go even a bit lower than the $300, I will probably pull the trigger and get it. With prices for 'good' daggers so high, I don't think I will be able to afford a nice condition one anytime soon! Thanks and keep the opinions coming! Always good to have feedback whether it be good, or bad!

?

real one ****

?

If Ade has had a look and he thinks all is ok then go ahead, hes not wrong very often, mine was an opinion but i tend to err on the side of caution , perhaps thats not always a good thing but it has saved me many times, regards Dave

Sorry Dave and Military mania but sigrunnen has not been messed with its exactly where it should be early ss daggers where positioned at 7oclock like this one so when the dagger was worn on a 45-degree angle would look straight up to the viewer, the blade has been buffed wich would probably give the scratches to crossguard's the eagle is 100% ok and has 70 odd years off muck and mistreatment hope i am not being contradictive and dont wish to cause any grief but this is 100% ok, i would give $300 dollars for it without worrying if it has been messed with hope this helps
    Ronnie
    here are mine to show some reference
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Dienstdolch for sale.  What do you think?   SS Dienstdolch for sale.  What do you think?  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast