MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

SS E.P &S Opinion's?

Article about: This dagger is for sale. Ernst Pack. Seller didn't know about a maker logo (?!), he sells for a friend. So he took a picture. I know quality of the pictures is not great.Apart from the grip

Default SS E.P &S Opinion's?

This dagger is for sale. Ernst Pack. Seller didn't know about a maker logo (?!), he sells for a friend. So he took a picture.
    I know quality of the pictures is not great.Apart from the grip I don't see much that isn't right at first sight. Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS E.P &S Opinion's?   SS E.P &S Opinion's?  

SS E.P &S Opinion's?   SS E.P &S Opinion's?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS E.P &S Opinion's?
    P
    Many

Hi Bart ....you have good eyes..and have sensed something amiss with this whole ensemble.

A Pack SS dagger thread of Study....... Early SS Dienstdolch by Ernst Pack & Sohne

Ask your friend to take a peek inside to see how the inside guards are marked...as these guards do not resemble Pack at all...... I thinking "K" guards seen on Haco.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry,
    thank you for your answer.
    I was at first nervous because I thought I was going to miss a dagger that was priced ridiculously low, 1500 dollars for an E.P&S, and negotiable...
    The guy had no idea what I was talking about when I asked of which maker the dagger was, he said 'Solingen' No pics of the maker's mark. But the Pack was posted on a Belgian/Dutch military facebook sellers forum together with an SA dagger so I suppose the price must have looked odd to others too.
    But indeed I fell something was not ok. And it didn't look good too.
    About the guards is way beyond my league but thank you for pointing that out. All the 'right' parts were non magnetic (got a short movie after asking for it, he held a magnet to the guards, top of upper scabbard fitting, ring and lower ball, but I had to explain that too about the 'neusilber') and the lower guard had Roman number 'I'. No initial pictures of that too on the sellers page.
    Some hours later both daggers were sold, and now I must say I'm kinda relieved I missed it
    The SA dagger was a HACO, so that's even more strange but probably a coincidence.
    Strange leather on that one too. Some pics of this SA just for the sake of it, I know this is the SS department , but I like to know how things work in this minefield. The SA thread is still there, the SS thread gone.
    Thanks Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS E.P &S Opinion's?   SS E.P &S Opinion's?  

?

Nice that Larry pointed out my former Pack to compare with the one you posted.
    I have had the pics of this so called Pack on my Whatsapp from a Dutch Collector friend who questioned it, although the pics werent great in appearance its no Pack, that enough for me, didnt need to go in details....

Glad you missed this one, sorry for the one that bought it, but he learn before you buy!
    The internet is loaded with good examples, if you not willing to put some effort in this hobby then i do not feel any pity for the ones that buy these daggers.
    Internet and Forums like WR, WAF en GDC are easy to access, just do so.....

Regards
    Ger

I think the buyer of this daggers has approached me personally, I will ask him