Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Fuhrerdegan

Article about: Hi, I have this example of an SS Fuhrerdegan which I would appreciate comment on. It has no markings either on scabbard throat or blade. The scabbard shows the amount of wear you would expec

Default SS Fuhrerdegan

Hi,
    I have this example of an SS Fuhrerdegan which I would appreciate comment on.
    It has no markings either on scabbard throat or blade.
    The scabbard shows the amount of wear you would expect, the blade shows some runner marks otherwise in fine condition.
    I know the Dachau made SS Fuhrerdegans had no markings either, I had one in my collection some years ago. This example in my view looks and feels far better than that one though.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Fuhrerdegan   SS Fuhrerdegan  

SS Fuhrerdegan   SS Fuhrerdegan  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Fuhrerdegan
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Fuhrerdegan

This does not look like what I have seen as known good SS sword IMO someone correct me if i'm wrong please..

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

This one bothers me too.

The colour of the hilt fittings and the detail to the oakleaves and scabbard throat: colour of the paint on the scabbard looks dull and not glossy enough, likewise the fittings to the scabbard look duller than usual.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Have to agree with the other comments, the scroll work on the scabbard throat is not up to standard, there should be some diagonal holes within the scroll which lets you see the scabbard underneath, the oak leaves are not detailed but more like drilled holes, the handguard scroll at the end should show a deeper more ornate hole , the top nut seems too bulky where it meets the handguard, and as Ade says the finish of the metal is too dull as is the scabbard

I agree with the above three comments above.............
    Regards,

Steve.

This is a very poor reproduction - not from Germany and not from Europe either..

Hi, firstly I guess it is a repro but you state it is a "very poor reproduction", I don't know about that, certainly not from the quality, tightness, overall finish and solid feel it has. I had a ( with provenance ) Dachau manufactured Fuhrerdegan which in comparison with this one was very poorly made both in feel and looks and I would have thought it was the repro. Whoever made this example gets my vote for a very well made ( sadly ) copy.

Hi reichss, what I meant to say is that it's a "very poor reproduction" compared to original German third reich era swords. Whether its a top notch fake or a very bad reproduction - it still changes nothing. It's still a fake.
    The better repro ss swords on the market today cost nearly as much as a genuine Third Reich Police Officers sword.
    If one was tempted to buy a fake - I would save a little bit more and buy an original Police Officers sword If a real SS officers sword is too expensive.
    Best,
    Steve (Wolfslair)

Hi Steve, appreciate your view, could you please explain why my "fake" is a very poor one compared to a "top notch" fake.

As I mentioned in my last post this one is far superior in every respect than my original Dachau made Fuhrerdegan.

Thank you

Brad

ps I have a couple of original SS and Politzie I'll post some photos in due course

I'm posting some shots of an M16 DD SS for comment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast