Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS full Rohm dagger Hammesfahr

Article about: Hi all...i saw this SS full Rohm dagger made by Hammesfahr...i'd like to have opinions from experts as you are i see from the pommel nut that it has been disassembled in its life,the right w

Default SS full Rohm dagger Hammesfahr

Hi all...i saw this SS full Rohm dagger made by Hammesfahr...i'd like to have opinions from experts as you are
    i see from the pommel nut that it has been disassembled in its life,the right wing of the eagle on the handle is uplifted and the blade polished(ican't see crossgrain may be for the light of photos).i also have the impression that the blade has been repointed
    what do you think about it?
    Thanks a lot
    SS full Rohm dagger HammesfahrSS full Rohm dagger HammesfahrSS full Rohm dagger HammesfahrSS full Rohm dagger HammesfahrSS full Rohm dagger HammesfahrSS full Rohm dagger HammesfahrSS full Rohm dagger HammesfahrSS full Rohm dagger HammesfahrSS full Rohm dagger Hammesfahr

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS full Rohm dagger Hammesfahr
    P
    Many

?

Himmler and Rohm daggers never had a Gruppe mark or district stamped on the cross guard. That is one red flag.

thanks bernie...very important red flag...

Looking at Wittmann s book i see that Rohm daggers often had the district number on their crossguards

Beautiful Grip...crispy etch.....badly worn blade.....blunted tip. Hard to say about the Etch as it is correct variant type 1. Odd combination...Give it some thought Luca..you have been here for awhile and exposed to many daggers especially these SS types.

( The photos supplied are enough to make me easily walk away.) These high dollar Rohm SS daggers deserve more respect and need to provide the viewer clearer detail. Closeups of the blade under the right lighting would be a good start.

@Bernie...Perfect Vet acquired examples have been recorded with all 3 SS districts.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks larry...i love Ss daggers but they are a dangerous field...expecially Honour daggers. I like to learn from expert people because books don t say all...the experience and knowledge of many collectors is the best teacher. I saw it on an online auction but i don t think to have money enough to take also.in the case it is genuine...only for discussion:-)

Online Auctions..and Poor quality photos..are a bad mix...unless you know the Auction house people personally..who will go the extra mile to give you better photos. Other than that its 50/50 gamble. These Hammesfahr daggers are a minefield.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

According to wittmann are seldom.seen..i ll ask some more and better pics...if they refuse is the biggest red flag:-)

Difficult to tell from the photos, but at best, the blade could simply have been absurdly overpolished. At worst? Well..I'm sure you know the answer to That one by now! And, yes-the Rohm daggers did, indeed, also carry distribution numbers, I recently sold a beautiful serial numbered and researched one to a friend. Himmler daggers? Not so much...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

no answer from the auction house till now...not a good sign))

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast