Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS full Rohm dagger Hammesfahr

Article about: Hi all...i saw this SS full Rohm dagger made by Hammesfahr...i'd like to have opinions from experts as you are i see from the pommel nut that it has been disassembled in its life,the right w

Rohm SS daggers are highly sought after and need to be examined closely. The gents at the GDC also are seeking closer pics. For a dagger of this type one needs abdolute proof of authenticity and would best to acquire one from a repurable source. Like i said before lack of detailed photos leaves it at 50/50...... wait for photos or move on. This dagger is sitting on the middle of a fence. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS full Rohm dagger Hammesfahr
    P
    Many

here new pics
    SS full Rohm dagger HammesfahrSS full Rohm dagger HammesfahrSS full Rohm dagger HammesfahrSS full Rohm dagger HammesfahrSS full Rohm dagger HammesfahrSS full Rohm dagger HammesfahrSS full Rohm dagger HammesfahrSS full Rohm dagger Hammesfahr
    i 've hidden the name of the auction house ..i'm not sure if i'm alllowed to show but i can post if you want

Thankyou for the better pics...it is comforting that the auctioneer sent these along for a closer view. I feel the dagger itself..although it has been opened....the dagger itself...is period with a nice grip to crossguard fit. The Motto looks fine. Im not sure of the inscription..and I dont want to give a thumbs up on something Im not sure of,,, which IMO..it looks good! The GDC gents will be able to close the deal on the inscription.

What is the starting bid? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

the range of value that they say is 7K-14K and the starting bid is 3,5k $

p.s. thanks a lot Larry...kind and clear as usual

I like the looks of this dagger and it's inscription. Rohm's writing is perfectly centered and very neatly etched as it should be and I am not seeing any red flags on the font. Given the new photos, I would say that everything looks good here. $3500 is a decent starting price and I am sure it will go up considerably past that mark. If you intend to bid on it, the best of luck.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Bernie View Post
    Himmler and Rohm daggers never had a Gruppe mark or district stamped on the cross guard. That is one red flag.
    That is correct for a Himmlerdagger. Röhmdagger did had districtmarkings for sure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2