Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS Gift Dagger and SS Paper Knife Real or Fake

Article about: Hi guys, I'm new here and hereby greet you all very much! I currently have the chance to get these daggers for a good price.As however these daggers are very rare pieces, I need the help of

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I would only like to say that incandescent to flourescent lighting and different background color WILL produce very different hues on photo images.
    I know this for fact from trying to photograph my miniatures.
    Ralph.
    I have problems imaging myself, with my biggest complaint being those who are selling something using postage stamp size pictures. I've also done a little more research on another Helmut Schöne the man, with preliminary results also not looking so good for this dagger. Not that it makes a lot of difference IMO because the dagger has all of the other problems that have been mentioned. Best Regards, Fred

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Gift Dagger and SS Paper Knife Real or Fake
    P
    Many

Quote by Frogprince View Post
    I have problems imaging myself, with my biggest complaint being those who are selling something using postage stamp size pictures. I've also done a little more research on another Helmut Schöne the man, with preliminary results also not looking so good for this dagger. Not that it makes a lot of difference IMO because the dagger has all of the other problems that have been mentioned. Best Regards, Fred
    Fred,
    Notice I made no mention about the actual items, just to comment on difference in photos.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Biggest problem with this dagger - the dedication
    is in a very modern script font.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I would only like to say that incandescent to flourescent lighting and different background color WILL produce very different hues on photo images.
    I know this for fact from trying to photograph my miniatures.
    Ralph.
    Ralph, I think that we are on the same page, as I interpreted the above as more of a general comment. Thinking back to having images shifting in color as the angle of the lighting moved while I was taking pictures. Also mentally noticing differences in sunlight, versus incandescent, versus florescent. With the G. 33/40 carbine and the SA dagger here as an example appearing more reddish in direct summertime sunlight - and changing as the angle shifted. With the additional comment intended to address another matter without doing a double posting. Fred
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Gift Dagger and SS Paper Knife Real or Fake 

Angry Another two fakes...

Hello good evening!

Both these daggers were offered to me for purchase by a notorious russian fakes seller, whose name is Vitalij or Vasilij Klatt! He used to sell at Militaria321 under the nicknames "Dagger World" and "Militaria World", so these are surely another two fakes! He asked me 1000 EUR for the boxed one!!! Could never be good...

All my best!

Jose

A few more pics of the second dagger which was offered to me for purchase by the same russian fakes seller...

Yes Correct!He threatened me with his lawyer,if I set the dagger to ask whether he is original!

Regards

Thanks Jose..for bumping this thread back to the top and pointing this out. The last thing any collector needs is to be fooled by "parts and garbage"..and call it
    "whole and authentic" . Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry,

Thank you for your kindness! It is all my pleasure to be of some use to prevent our fellows collectors of wasting money with such dishonest sellers!

Very best regards,

Jose

?

I think you just need very good and solid provenance for the SS dagger!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast