Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Ground Rohm

Article about: Well...Don't just tell us this and stop. Tell us what you've found out about Karl Bohmer! What unit did he belong to? What did he do and where did he go? Did he survive? William

Default Re: SS Ground Rohm

Well...Don't just tell us this and stop. Tell us what you've found out about Karl Bohmer! What unit did he belong to? What did he do and where did he go? Did he survive? William

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Ground Rohm
    P
    Many

?

William - He served in the SS Deutschland also at the Reichschule
    in Bernau, he was awarded the SS sword and ring -

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Nice ! Always great to have a face and a history! I wonder if he survived? I was never able to find out if my seriel'ed Ground Rohm's Herder's owner SS-Obersturmführer Franz Ott did. He was in the Fuhrerschule in Dachau and then went into the Polizei Division(Panzer Grenadier Regiment 2) and was in the Lebensborn program,was issued a Julleuchter the honour ring and dagger etc,all sorts of interesting stuff-I even have his Shoe size,but not a clue as to what happened to him! William

Very good investigating work. I know how hard it can be to put a face to an item.

?

William - I have the same situation on my fella - although one can write to the bundesarchive and see if any thing pops up??
    I also have this fellas application to the SS Rassenampt to get married also his fiancee,s application, this is over 107 pages of family history with replies from the SS Rassenampt etc - I now know his and her head size etc.

Horst

?

Larry - dont think you saw this one - great dagger and proenance.

Horst

A piece such as this,, with history attached is to me what collecting is all about. A great piece!! When I get my new camera under control,, I will post pictures of my attributed SS dagger. The owner was Allgemeine SS and a NCO. He was promoted to officer during the war. That was the reason we finally found him.
    Last edited by Larry C; 07-10-2012 at 09:33 PM. Reason: double posting
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hi Horst ,, awesome dagger with an identity. No I have not seen this one yet and glad you brought it to the top. Ross does great work in researching SS numbers. Great conditioned!! Any dagger with an owners photo just adds to the coldness of of the this organization. Truly chilling but yet satisfying as a complete artifact. Looking forward to seeing it in person one day. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Horst that is wonderful!, its great that you can actualy see the man behind the dagger!

I know how hard research can be when it comes to Nazi/Third Reich relics in Germany.

I have a golden honorring of the city of Frankfurt of 1938, and its hard to get names and lists, many times i get no emails back from well known institutes like "Der ZV der Deutschen Goldschmiede" although on their website they mentioned the ring in their history chapter.
    I have lists from Ehrenburger, Ehrennadeln etc, but the list of Ehrenringen der Stadt des Deutschen Handwerks ( Frankfurt) seems not available....but still trying.

Cheers Ger

?

Ger - wish you luck on your quest. I also have a situation like yours with Hitlers private river yacht "Hansa Stadt Koln" - a few years ago there was a newspaper article in Wiesbaden that stated the maker of the Yacht had a picture of the yacht and a picture of Hitler boarding the Yacht, I wrote the maker who replied that they were not aware of a picture with AH boarding the yacht althought they did note that they had built it. So it goes, I have a feeling that they(Maker) didnt want to get into this period of history.
    Horst

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast