Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

SS Himmler Eickhorn dagger C.E stamped

Article about: Hi everyone, here is a Himmler dagger i picked up a little while ago and would appreciate your opinions. The thing is with this one is that the Eickhorn makers stamp is the C.E stamped one,

?

Default SS Himmler Eickhorn dagger C.E stamped

Hi everyone, here is a Himmler dagger i picked up a little while ago and would appreciate your opinions. The thing is with this one is that the Eickhorn makers stamp is the C.E stamped one, which i haven't seen on the Himmler daggers. The tang isn't stamped and neither are the cross guards externally stamped. I have taken some photos as i want everything to be as visible as possible for you. This could/probably be fake, part fake or whatever, but would value your opinions please. I have more photos if needed - thank you.

SS Himmler Eickhorn dagger C.E stamped SS Himmler Eickhorn dagger C.E stamped SS Himmler Eickhorn dagger C.E stamped SS Himmler Eickhorn dagger C.E stamped SS Himmler Eickhorn dagger C.E stamped SS Himmler Eickhorn dagger C.E stamped SS Himmler Eickhorn dagger C.E stamped SS Himmler Eickhorn dagger C.E stamped SS Himmler Eickhorn dagger C.E stamped SS Himmler Eickhorn dagger C.E stamped

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Himmler Eickhorn dagger C.E stamped
    P
    Many

Hi Sabre,

Never seen a Himmler with the double oval mark including the CE initials, but that in itself doesn't mean they didn't exist.

The picture quality is poor but what I do see, I don't like. The Himmler dedication appears to be deeper than normally seen making me think it was postwar applied. The blade is also of an unusual shape, retipped maybe?

The crossguards are marked PA, not HE (or the occasionally seen AR). Additionally, someone added spurious SS runes inside the crossguard, a feature I've never seen nor have I read about. The grip roundel has markings that make me think it was replaced & the grip has an overall satiny appearance, making me think it is either a redone or an outright reproduction. And although it is of little consequence, the hanger is a likely replacement since a Himmler dagger wouldn't generally have an RZM clip.

Overall, I don't like the dagger one bit & believe it to be humped up original parts mixed with some reproduction or postwar altered items. It wouldn't be for my collection, but see what some of the other members say.

?

Hi Billy G thanks for your reply - i appreciate it. I would be very surprised if this came back remotely original, but it is interesting to see what members think. Here are some more photos of the dedication etc for you. Really sorry they are not the best as the light now has gone, maybe better tomorrow but here goes.

SS Himmler Eickhorn dagger C.E stamped SS Himmler Eickhorn dagger C.E stamped SS Himmler Eickhorn dagger C.E stamped SS Himmler Eickhorn dagger C.E stamped

I would say Remotely humped up as Billy G nailed it. Don't waste your time the details are far off and a thread to compare to

Himmler Inscription SS Dienst Dolch...a Stunning Mint Example.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks Larry for your reply and link and definitely no more time wasted on this. Thanks again Billy G.

?

A complete fabrication, from the top of the pommel nut to the tip of the blade, and everything in between.

?

Run away from this dagger. This is what we call 'a stinker'.
    All is been said by the knowledgable people here above in this topic.