Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Honour dagger: Real or Fake RZM M7/36

Article about: Please excuse my ignorance. I am not a collector. My father-in-law was a child in Belgium during the war. He gave this dagger to me before he passed away. Can someone tell from these poor ph

gnull
    ?

Default SS Honour dagger: Real or Fake RZM M7/36

Please excuse my ignorance. I am not a collector. My father-in-law was a child in Belgium during the war. He gave this dagger to me before he passed away. Can someone tell from these poor photos if it is real or simply a reproduction?

Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Honour dagger: Real or Fake RZM M7/36   SS Honour dagger: Real or Fake RZM M7/36  

SS Honour dagger: Real or Fake RZM M7/36   SS Honour dagger: Real or Fake RZM M7/36  

SS Honour dagger: Real or Fake RZM M7/36   SS Honour dagger: Real or Fake RZM M7/36  

2. # ADS

?

Default re: SS Honour dagger: Real or Fake RZM M7/36

Its all fake sorry

I agree, it is a fake.

Cheers, Ade.

R.R
    ?

I agree too, may be a spanish made reproduction

gnull
    ?

Thanks guys. Just out of curiosity, what tipped you off?

Well I'm no expert but I remember Ade pointing out something on another dagger a while ago, I think it was something to do with the gap between the wooden grip and the German Eagle. On the genuine article this gap is very small or cant be seen however on yours it is rather large, for this reason I'd reckon that this isnt genuine.

Thanks

Danny

?

where to begin. the blade just looks wrong, the motto looks bad and at an angle, the gap around the eagle yes, but the bigger give away is the eagles wings being flat on the ends , ( compare with other SS and SA daggers), the plastic grip instead of wood, the cross guard engraving should not have a border like this one has. etc. take a good long look at known originals and compare, so that if something comes up, and you dont have the oppertunity to ask here first, you will be better prepaired if you know a few basic details to look for. i hope this helps a little.
    andrew

R.R
    ?

Quote by Andrew View Post
    where to begin. the blade just looks wrong, the motto looks bad and at an angle, the gap around the eagle yes, but the bigger give away is the eagles wings being flat on the ends , ( compare with other SS and SA daggers), the plastic grip instead of wood, the cross guard engraving should not have a border like this one has. etc. take a good long look at known originals and compare, so that if something comes up, and you dont have the oppertunity to ask here first, you will be better prepaired if you know a few basic details to look for. i hope this helps a little.
    andrew
    I suppose too there is no Himmler dedication daggers RZM markeds.

Hi Ricardo, you are correct on that point.

Cheers, Ade.