Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS M33 dagger Hammesfahr

Article about: I found this nice SS dagger. I think everything is looking good but as always I'll first post here ofc for opinions. Thx. K.

Apparently, this guy did Not use the vertical hanger! lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS M33 dagger Hammesfahr
    P
    Many

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Apparently, this guy did Not use the vertical hanger! lol
    Hi wagriff I know what your saying. As you know usually the earlier ones were worn with the short hanger, the later ones with the vertical (hence the straight up and down runes).

Nothing was set in stone, im sure many wore the early style dagger with vertical hangers making the rune angle 'officially' wrong.

Looking at the grip there is no evidence of it ever being bound by a vertical hanger.

best matty

?

Quote by mattty01 View Post
    Evening guys, Firstly larrys completely correct about the rune angle so thankyou for clearing that up. I will just say Hammesfahr runes were set that way. In actual fact I have a very early numbered Hammesfahr very similar which I can post a picture of.
    Nice to see an anodised scabbard in such good order as mines very worn.
    Is it really that much of a secret to ask what the asking price is for this please?
    Sure Matty,

sellers asked 1800€ but sold him for 1500€ which is about 2000$.
    I offered a bit more but he allready had agreed with the new owner.
    To bad for me. The dagger was located not far from my place. :-(

Kris.

thankyou krisse. Not a mega bargain anyway so don't lose sleep that's all I will say.

Best wishes matty

?

Quote by mattty01 View Post
    thankyou krisse. Not a mega bargain anyway so don't lose sleep that's all I will say.

Best wishes matty
    Thx Matty,

maybe not mega bargain, but also not a bad price either.

K.

Very nice and it is great to find an SS dagger. Prices vary depending on condition I know. Is two thousand about the going rate for an SS dagger today in good condition?

?

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    Very nice and it is great to find an SS dagger. Prices vary depending on condition I know. Is two thousand about the going rate for an SS dagger today in good condition?
    Well, sometimes even more. Especially on dealersites. They all pull the prices up!!!

Yeah I"ll bet Krisse. Be a nice score to find one at a yard sale. Long shot but it doesn't hurt to look. Thanks for reply

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    Yeah I"ll bet Krisse. Be a nice score to find one at a yard sale. Long shot but it doesn't hurt to look. Thanks for reply
    True wisdom!!..yard sales garage sales etc...helping an old neighbor clean their stuff out. Cant top yard sale prices...as one of our younger collectors 15 yrs old...had a private buy and paid $400 for a Chained SS dagger...in really decent condition. You never know and some days if not most might be a miss...but one of them times its gonna be a win big time!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    True wisdom!!..yard sales garage sales etc...helping an old neighbor clean their stuff out. Cant top yard sale prices...as one of our younger collectors 15 yrs old...had a private buy and paid $400 for a Chained SS dagger...in really decent condition. You never know and some days if not most might be a miss...but one of them times its gonna be a win big time!
    Hahaha Larry, if my collection would depend on garagesales in Holland, man i would be collectiong toy cars Hahhahahahha
    Nothing turns up here LOL

GHer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2