Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Mans Boker Dagger Bring back from Wifes great Uncle who passed away last month.

Article about: Hi, as mentioned (!) it is not really a good idea to take daggers down unless really needed. However, so far it looks good. What you are seeing on the tang is the billet clamp seam and is a

Default Re: SS Mans Boker Dagger Bring back from Wifes great Uncle who passed away last month.

Hi, as mentioned (!) it is not really a good idea to take daggers down unless really needed.

However, so far it looks good. What you are seeing on the tang is the billet clamp seam and is a feature found on original blades.

I will look forwards to seeing more.

Cheers, Ade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Mans Boker Dagger Bring back from Wifes great Uncle who passed away last month.
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Mans Boker Dagger Bring back from Wifes great Uncle who passed away last month.

Quote by Teutonicknights View Post
    I know this from experience. My DRK officers dagger I had to take apart as the swaz area was loose (I'm not sure what you call it), and then to reinstall it, I had to have a machinist make a special socket for the brass nut inside the tang to tighten it. (Just a Note)

Mike
    Well I am working with my KM and WH ones. So I guess it's a different ball game.

Hi René, these two types are a bit different in so far as they require no special slim spanner to take them apart. SA/NSKK and SS daggers require a special spanner. Or they often suffer the attention of vice grip pliers which will mark the retaining nut. The problem with all daggers is inexperience. Some people over tighten the pommel when replacing it and then strip the threads or crack the grips. Of course, some people are more mechanically minded than others and can do these things OK.

The best advice is don't take things apart. A stripped down dagger is actually worth a bit less than something which can be seen to be untouched.

Cheers, Ade.

I really did not want to take mine apart, as is stated, but the loose part bothered me, and I figured it might get worse if I did'nt give it some attention. (But thats just me).

Mike

I have a tool for the job and well I guess many buyers of these daggers 'want and will' that what they have parted ££££$$$$$ for is the real McCoy but lets be honest with the countless and ever increasing high quality fakes, sensible take down is essential. PS it wasn't a purchase I inherited my 34 SS Boker-Sidelock

I think that, currently, it is ill advised to take a M33 SS dagger apart. There are plenty of things to authenticate such a dagger without dis-assembly. Are we not allowed to see the entire dagger?

It's taken over Two Years to respond and you Still haven't shown us any photo's of the dagger??
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Reminds me of that also defunct thread about the Chained SS with an RZM logo, almost a year ago...and nothing but empty promises ...and being full of it at the same time.

Thread closed...until Sidelock contacts me with possession of photos.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2