Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Officers Chained Dagger. Opinions please

Article about: Hi, I would like your opinions on this dagger please before I buy it. thanks

Default SS Officers Chained Dagger. Opinions please

Hi, I would like your opinions on this dagger please before I buy it. thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Officers Chained Dagger. Opinions please   SS Officers Chained Dagger. Opinions please  

SS Officers Chained Dagger. Opinions please   SS Officers Chained Dagger. Opinions please  

SS Officers Chained Dagger. Opinions please   SS Officers Chained Dagger. Opinions please  

SS Officers Chained Dagger. Opinions please  
    Last edited by yorksman; 11-22-2012 at 08:54 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Officers Chained Dagger. Opinions please
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Officers Chained Dagger. Opinions please

Could you post photos of the handle and the reverse of the blade. Thanks sir

?

I think the SS logo on the chain is wrong. It lays on it's side. But, I saw it before tough...

I'm happy with the handle and the handle fittings, I was more concerned about the scabbard fitting having 2. screws in it, the chain and the size/style of lettering on the blade. The lettering seems to be different thinner font to other SS daggers I have seen. Cheers

Ok. If would help as a collective community to see the entire dagger. There may be a tell, tale sign you missed others could catch. It would also help so that you can see the whole picture. Wait for others.

Hi, I have posted more pics. Thanks

The new picture did nothing for me :/ however, thank you for adding them. It will help other get the full picture for future research

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    The new picture did nothing for me
    +1

The grip eagle looks to have been messed with as it has some gouging around the wreath and foot area. It is normal to see the 2 screws in the center ramp with the type II chain. The font text style looks to be consistent with this unknown maker. Closer pics would be helpful and more clearer. I would suggest to use your camera timer and not use your hands to shoot still photos,,as the slightest movement will cause it to blur. More opinions are needed on this dagger!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The grip eagle may have been replaced at one time or another in the past, but other than that, I'm not seeing any red flags on this piece. The sideways runes on the chain links are a known variant, and the blade looks fine.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast