MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

SS Officer's dagger.

Article about: Hi Everyone. I'd welcome opinions please on the attached photos. No maker's mark. Is that ok? I'm still searching for my first buy and as you know I need all the help I can get! Many thanks

Default SS Officer's dagger.

Hi Everyone.
    I'd welcome opinions please on the attached photos.
    No maker's mark. Is that ok?
    I'm still searching for my first buy and as you know I need all the help I can get!
    Many thanks
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Officer's dagger.   SS Officer's dagger.  

SS Officer's dagger.   SS Officer's dagger.  

SS Officer's dagger.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Officer's dagger.
    P
    Many

The blade looks strange from these pics,also the motto is too far down the blade,imo.

The Kulturzeichen on this example is normally found on Type A ( early production ) and Type B1. ( dual Lighting bolt on tabs )
    This chain is a B2 being a later variety steel base type.

Below is a B2 center ramp configuration the same as above but take notice to the Kulturzeichen on the B2 tabs as it is more squared off in detail.

SS Officer's dagger. SS Officer's dagger.
    ( JR Meda Photo Credit )

The Type A / B1 kulturzeichen does not belong on Flints posted B2 example. What was meant for early Nickel production tabs...is stamped onto late steel type tabs.

The example above IMO opinion and also including the views by Kreta ...is not representative of a typical B2 ( Mid to late period ) Chain configuration.
    The cross guards are also questionable.

All it takes is one concern with these type Chained SS daggers and bad karma will follow with the rest of it..where it came from and how many hands have it before until this point in time.

The one question that will answer most of the above ....... What is the selling price?

Pinned at the top of this SS dagger forum..is a link that is helpful in discerning the details of the 4 chain types

Chained SS Study of the 4 Chain types

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Anytime you have factors that seem out of place with this series pattern or that - it starts to cause doubts. And with this one the poor lighting and focus didn't help, but after studying the small details I came to the conclusion. Best Regards, Fred

Hi Larry
    Thanks very much for your reply. The dagger is up for auction with an estimated price of £2500 (pounds). That's about $3650. I'll let you know what it goes for.
    Cheers
    John

Aside from the chain, there are a number of other discrepancies. Needless to say.....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."