Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS or our original?

Article about: from what I can see,yes original blade.

from what I can see,yes original blade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS or our original?
    P
    Many

Original blade-ruined by fraudulently applied inscription.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi William..I was confused also but he posted 2 typs of daggers ..so in this thread the dagger in study will be the SS one below the SA one which I have already commented on in the SA thread that it was posted in. Junk

Im confused looking at a Herder tang marking ( Cross keys logo ) and an Eickhorn Blade.

SS or our original?

The blade appears original but in very poor condition. Not sure of the Motto and upon further study.

The Friedrich Herder ( Crosskeys logo ) tang marking is interesting and yet the billet clamp marks on the side of the tang are visible. I seem to think this was an early Blade at one time...... But Friedrich Herder did not produce any Rohm blades that may have been ground down.
    Richard Herder ( Diamond Logo ) were standard and Rohm produced.

The Herder family like most producers may have worked together in providing fittings and blades to each other along with other smaller producers. Will have to study further on the motto .and dig into the history more.

More to follow Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The guards are of an odd appearance also-an almost lead like look to them. As for the blade, it has several bizarrely deep "pits" in it and the motto etch looks soft on the edges-among other flaws. I have no idea as to just what Exactly we are looking at here, but it is absolutely nothing that I would consider accepting. Parts dagger with Some genuine and others post-war made? We seem to be seeing more and more of these "heavily worn" type of blades stuck in a hybrid of put together parts lately. Are they adding tang markings now too to bad blades? I wonder where they are originating?
    William

They come from Virschen near Achen, maybe this is a compilation post-war SS? whether the two companies could do together things ss?

it is not my thing I'm going to buy them and therefore please originality opinions about whether it is worth and whether it is worth ss sa ktury better buy?

They both would not be for me. Personally, I would much rather wait to find a decent non-controversial piece.
    William

I would strongly agree with William.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

SS or our original?SS or our original?Please look at an original signature and on what I want to buy, there is a lot that can be details of copy, font thin, 9 and 4 different, no line on 38 / M wider logo, pointed out a few details, look there are a lot more, etc. etc.? What do you think?

It looks like you've pretty well answered your own question.
    William

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast