Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Police Sword... good?

Article about: Hello Could you tell me please waht do you think about this SS sword? and can you tell me please how much it is worth? sorry that im sking about price but im still learning... thank you Jaco

?

Default SS Police Sword... good?

Hello
    Could you tell me please waht do you think about this SS sword? and can you tell me please how much it is worth? sorry that im sking about price but im still learning...
    thank you
    Jacob

SS Police Sword... good?
    SS Police Sword... good?
    SS Police Sword... good?
    SS Police Sword... good?
    SS Police Sword... good?
    SS Police Sword... good?
    SS Police Sword... good?
    SS Police Sword... good?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Police Sword... good?
    P
    Many

Hi Ceis...could you shhot afew more photos..mostly a close up of the grip eagle...and the lower fitting on the grip above the crossguard. The degen itself appears to be good..but the SS Motto on the blade is poorly done. Any thoughts for our Swordsmen here?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Neither am i feeling good on this one also. Crude engraving, but i am far from an expert on SS Dress Swords.

Looks like a tarted up sword, to me...awful quality engraving.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I am with the other guys, and far from an expert but keep in mind how much SS stuff is faked to bump the value, and dressing up a common police sword is probably one of the easiest upgrades a dishonest person could do, especially when the sword already has the SS proof marks(which look good to me even though those get faked also) but the etch is bad, the pommel cap isn't even close, shame it was messed with. this was once a nice Eickhorn officer sword with double ss proof markings, It probably aged to the degree we see making it worth under 500, so someone decided to tinker with it in hopes of making it worth 8-10 thousand. sorry but its a stinker.

?

I noticed that the word Meine was out of proportion and started larger and tapered to the correct size, I also think this has been messed with, which is a great shame

I stand corrected on one thing, it is a messed with nco sword not an officers, due to lack of grip wire, a silver eagle instead of copper and the scabbard most likely has the comman drag on the bottom instead of the silver covering, I was so fixated on the bad etch and cap that I overlooked the obvious lol

In agreement with the above comments, the blade etching is not a best effort. Even for a faker. Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Police Sword... good?  

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    I stand corrected on one thing, it is a messed with nco sword not an officers, due to lack of grip wire, a silver eagle instead of copper and the scabbard most likely has the comman drag on the bottom instead of the silver covering, I was so fixated on the bad etch and cap that I overlooked the obvious lol
    Hello maximus, I do agree with what your saying about the sword. However with the silver/copper police eagle I had the view that ALL the eagles should be silver, its just the copper ones are absent the silver from cleaning/time?
    Theres abit in the wittmans SS book page 484 about this im not sure if that's 100% correct

If you take a look at this thread, you'll see a coppery eagle that still has traces of it's silver in some of the recesses.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...i-think-29853/
    I think that these grip eagle had a very thin silvering on them and the fact that the grip has been held many times over the years, it quickly removes this coating. For all that, I actually like the look of the copper color on the grip-it makes for a great contrast.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast