MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SS Prototype Dagger by Alcoso

Article about: I took notice to the top of the crossguard as it has some wear and stain issues..Im wondering if it was wrapped up with the hangrs twisted around it and possibly gotten wet during the Vet ac

I took notice to the top of the crossguard as it has some wear and stain issues..Im wondering if it was wrapped up with the hangrs twisted around it and possibly gotten wet during the Vet acquired journey. The hardware looks good..but the cloth has lost some of its black stitching in some spots.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Prototype Dagger by Alcoso   SS Prototype Dagger by Alcoso  

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Prototype Dagger by Alcoso
    P
    Many

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    Craig Gottlieb is not on my fan base, but I do like this example.

Eric
    I am with you Eric ,I am also not a fan of him.
    I would be careful of any item being for sale.

If this period design was approved for period consideration then it should actually be categorised as a pattern. If no documentation exists regarding its specific approval it should then be seen , if period, as a prototype, if not then a fantasy item.

I thought it was a fact that Alcoso didn't produce any "political" daggers.
    So how come they made this one?

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    I am with you Eric ,I am also not a fan of him.
    I would be careful of any item being for sale.
    There is quite a writeup on this on ARoyster site "Disecting a fraud" web site. timothy

?

A leap of faith indeed, as already mentioned.

Quote by Chris76 View Post
    I thought it was a fact that Alcoso didn't produce any "political" daggers.
    So how come they made this one?
    An interesting comment that I think could use some more research. In his book the late Anthony Carter recounted what happened to the original owners of the Coppel firm which had a very bad ending. But before that, the Coppel firm was not only a major maker for the German Police, it was “the” maker of choice for them and some other civil entities. And Himmler “was in the picture”. Of course it became “Aryanized”, and some other makers besides Coppel later on made blades for the Police, with those from Coppel circa 1940‘s the latest ones known. But what is not as clear is who actually owned it after the owners were removed? With Hermann Göring for example amassing a personal fortune, and the SS/Himmler building it’s own ‘Economic Empire’. And the Coppel firm with a name change not being broken up, but becoming one of the major producers of blades for the Third Reich. And before all of Solingen’s production went over to the military, there were indications that Himmler made efforts to see to it that revenue from civil/selective SS blades and other items was directed to his own empire and not the RZM/NSDAP. Best Regards, Fred

Hello
    For several days I browse your forum, and I admit that I did not suspect that it could be so helpful and so rich in information and pictures. I came across on the SS dagger prototype. A few months ago, I sold the similar dagger for my friend. I found some pictures on the computer and I want to hear what you think about it, but the pictures are just a few I can not find the rest.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Prototype Dagger by Alcoso   SS Prototype Dagger by Alcoso  

SS Prototype Dagger by Alcoso   SS Prototype Dagger by Alcoso  

SS Prototype Dagger by Alcoso  

beautiful dagger.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    beautiful dagger.
    I agree, the skull on the pommel is just the cherry on top of the turd.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast