Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS Rohm by Eickhorn

Article about: Hello gentlemen! This SS Rohm dagger might be for sale in a few time in France. Please tell me what do you think about is authenticty and what is the price for a such scarce dagger? Best reg

I agree the expertise is impossible due to the poor quality of pictures but that is what the owner provide me. By the way I think he is honest and doesn't want to hide anything.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Rohm by Eickhorn
    P
    Many

Quote by Hartman View Post
    I agree the expertise is impossible due to the poor quality of pictures but that is what the owner provide me. By the way I think he is honest and doesn't want to hide anything.
    I would not have a doubt on his honesty as there are some who sell and dont know what the item really is.
    Photos are everything when trying to help out a collector. Without good photos we are as blind as the honest seller.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Yes I noticed that once the blade was cleaned It was impossible to enlarged the pics. Frustrating!! But I think he is just an old man with no bad intentions. I know him from a Facebook militaria group. All his pictures are blurry. He has got a complete collection of dagger coming from his father. I only purchase the Puma heer dagger (posted on the forum) from him. The prices he asked are much too high now. Thank you all for your knowledge!

I think Larry's thoughts are spot on with this dagger. If you have no suspicion that the owner is trying to fool you (or anyone) with this dagger, that's fine. We are only trying to determine whether the dagger is correct for what it is supposed to be.

To make a correct and final determination as to authenticity, I think better pictures would absolutely be needed with such a dagger that is quite expensive (if period produced) and often faked.

Larry's observation about the grip eagle appearing to have wood filler is a concern as well. Even if the dagger is period, a poorly done repair only lessens the value. These are good things to consider with any dagger purchase, especially a big ticket item like this.

I don't believe in this dagger in question, nor the story& dagger from this u.s. dealer.
    Regards Gerd

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    That is indeed my opinion.
    I do believe it is a Röhm dagger that had it's inscription removed.
    Ruined with a fake Himmler dedication.
    Reason is because this SS button type is only seen on SS Röhm daggers made by Eickhorn. Although this opinion of mine regarding this particular type SS button is not shared by everyone else. So, like I said, this is only my observation.
    But please do surf the internet and fora for genuine SS Röhm Eickhorn daggers and compare their SS buttons. Also do compare those of genuine Himmler daggers. You'll see what I mean.
    Krisse can you elaborate on the Rohm SS buttons? The only thing I seem to notice is that on the Rohm buttons the SS letters are sort of floating and not touching the circular border and on the standard issue daggers the letters are touching the border. Is this what you mean?

Given the really bad quality of the images there is no guarantee that my interpretation of the images is 100% correct - but I am reminded of the fake "etching" on the "Hühnlein NSKK High Leader" fakes. I tried to enhance the images a little, but there is not much you can do if somebody does not want to expend the effort to take some at least partially decent photos. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Rohm by Eickhorn   SS Rohm by Eickhorn  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3