Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

SS Sword

Article about: Hi All, Can anyone provide more information about this sword? Any input will be much appreciated..... Thanks...

?

Default SS Sword

Hi All,

Can anyone provide more information about this sword?
    Any input will be much appreciated.....
    Thanks...

SS SwordSS SwordSS SwordSS SwordSS SwordSS SwordSS SwordSS Sword

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Sword
    P
    Many

?

Hi there
    I only have an original german army sword made by alcoso to compare with this example, honestly i dont like it as an original, other members may have better knowledge. For starters:
    I dont see a makers name on the blade, the runes do not look right, and the piece that wraps around the handgrip should have a pin head showing on each side. Have a look at this exampl
    Wittmann Militaria #34099C SS Silver Dovehead Sword by Alcoso

?

Cant be the judge of this one, but engraving looks kind of crude as compared to period standard.

?

Forgot to mention, the eagle head is facing the wrong way, when you compare the example from wittmann militaria
    Regards

Some of the small details seem to be wrong from what I would expect. And ordinarily I would point some of them out as examples. But on another forum very very recently, with a fake M 1936 presumably from somewhere in the East Bloc, the poster wanted the exact nature of what specifically was wrong with that fake. With in the conversation there - my own and the perception from some of the other readers being they he was conducting a "fishing expedition" on how to improve the next batch (which was better than some earlier ones). With what I would ask here being some 360 degree views of the sword, and its various components from all angles to see what else might possibly be amiss. Best Regards, Fred

Too much fishing going on lately..on many forums. The great thing about it is..... the difference between a legitimate poster and a scammer is very obvious.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill