Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Is this SS sword real?

Article about: by SteveR The pommel cap should have SS runes on it and the jerk that put the SS insignia on the handle is a piss poor craftsman. hi steve i may be incorrect here , but i beleive that the ss

PHILBROWN
    ?

Default Re: Is this SS sword real?

Quote by SteveR View Post
    The pommel cap should have SS runes on it and the jerk that put the SS insignia on the handle is a piss poor craftsman.
    hi steve i may be incorrect here , but i beleive that the ss runes for an NCO were on the handle, ans the runes for an officer were on the top of the pommell. agree a bad craftsman though

2. # ADS

Quote by SteveR View Post
    The pommel cap should have SS runes on it and the jerk that put the SS insignia on the handle is a piss poor craftsman.
    The SS runes are found only on the pommel of the NCO sword. The officer model came with a blank top. At times, the top pommel of an officer's sword can be found with the owner's initials or feudal coat of arms.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    agree a bad craftsman though
    korrekt

For clarification, the handle and engraved pommel of the standard SS officer Ehrendegen. I am also attaching an image from Tom Wittman's book showing the oval pommel of the SS NCO sword. The police and SS degen, both officer and NCO models are identical except for the grip insignia and the runes on the oval pommel of the SS NCO model
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this SS sword real?   Is this SS sword real?  

Is this SS sword real?  
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

PHILBROWN
    ?

got it wrong way round then sorry super looking sword was offered a polizei for 400, a battered looking thing, but real, thing is if it was runes and not a police eagle it woulld comand 3 times in the same condition little wonder they get replaced eh john?

?

Without a doubt Mr. Coleman is one of the best sources for sword information on the forums today. I am glad he is willing to share his knowledge with everyone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2