Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!

Article about: I bought this Friday directly from the veteran's grandson. Never been in collection before and appears to have never been apart. It had dried WD40 or something similar on the fittings which

?

Default Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!

I bought this Friday directly from the veteran's grandson. Never been in collection before and appears to have never been apart. It had dried WD40 or something similar on the fittings which I gently cleaned off. The small belt hanger is coming apart and was dry as a bone so I put some Blackrock on it, the vertical hanger was in good shape and I didn't do anything to it. I'm glad the grandson did not care about it because I certainly do!!
    Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!

Here are some more picsStraight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!

?

Nice pick up! Congrats!

Hi BHdau, welcome to the forum,, this is a great early period type RZM dagger as far as im concerned it is "right as rain". You done well! The grip eagle looks to have some stress around the wing area but nothing to be alarmed about. This dagger is totally 121/34 all the way!! Nice!! The anodized scabbard has thinned out almost down to the metal but still its recognizable as an Anodized type. Crossguard to upper scabbard fitting is tight with no gaps..Another beautiful attribute to see. The hanger is correct for this time period also. Nice to see an unmessed with dagger and hanger. Thanks for sharing this dagger. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

That`s a beauty!
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Thank you for your comments. In regards to the grip eagle, when looking at it straight on at the end of the left wing on the bottom of the curve the wood has pushed out a little. You cant push it back in because I believe the grip has shrunk a little over time in diameter and this caused the little flap of wood to push out. There is no void left for the wood to go be pressed back into. At the very tip of the right wing the wood has ever so slightly been pushed up as well though a fraction of the degree of the left. The other thing I noticed was the SS runes have a little extra enamel or dirt or something covering the sharp edge of the right hand S. You can see thru if you look closely and can see the silver sharp corner underneath. The left S has a little bit on the up corner of the S as well making it look a little rounded there. Again you can see thru it and the sharp corner is there under the enamel/grime??. Anyway, I have held and examined lots of TR daggers but not nearly as many SS daggers but I think there is no doubt its 100% correct.

?

The guy that had it just as easily could have had a K98k bayonet and he would not have known the difference so the chances of him messing with it or altering it are less than slim to none. I am trying to find out where his grandfather served and in what division/company. For anything like this I buy I like to have the history of the soldier that brought it home. Hopefully I will be able to find out a lot of info. I am also hoping that a matching SS helmet or for that matter any helmet finds its way to me as well. He was going to look and I am going to call him tomorrow!

Nice correct dagger and Assmann hanger.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

WOW!!! That is a beauty!!!!
    You guy's find the neatest stuff in your wood work!!!!!!!!!!
    Lucky, Lucky You!!
    Thanks for sharing pic's of your awesome snag.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

A genuine and honest Model 33-nice to see for once! What are the initials "R.M.F.xxx" on the grip by the upper guard? Were they put there by the GI or the original owner? An excellent find, in any case! Good to see that it's now been rescued and will be properly looked after!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast