Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!

Article about: I bought this Friday directly from the veteran's grandson. Never been in collection before and appears to have never been apart. It had dried WD40 or something similar on the fittings which

?

Default Re: Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!

I believe it is original owner. The initials are R. M. Frirr or just maybe just one r but it looks like he ran out of room and there is a very small 2nd r at end. Or it could be just R.M. and Frirr as in a location because a google search results in mention of an old Prussian town named Frirr. It is not the G.I.s as his last name starts with a G.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!
    P
    Many

Personalized then! Even better! Nice piece!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

You lucky man!!!!

what a great find, sadly in Holland we hardly have wood work....but luckily lots of attics
    Congratz on this beauty!

Cheers,
    Ger

?

Congrats From Scotland

Your Woodwork Vet Find SS Dagger with Vert Hanger is a Beauty & Unmessed With Imo

A Keeper For Sure !

Regards Mac 66.

It looks like a "keeper" to me as well. Well done!! Fred

?

Thank you everyone for the congrats and comments. I always feel better about something even when I am completely convinced of it originality if I have the approval of the members here on this forum.

Dont you just love finds like that!!! beautiful dagger you have there without doubt a keeper in my eyes, a nice original dagger
    cheers Ronnie

I like the little things in life that makes this collecting so pleasurable. Take notice to that little line through the "Z" in RZM on your dagger...the beginning of the change began in 1934 as just prior to yours..its twin brother the 120/34 SS has no line through the "Z". The only other RZM logo without the little line is the 188/35 SS. These early RZM daggers were made with the still early quality and craftmanship..along with the other early producers. No identity is known of these makers. Below are a couple pics with the little line and without. Also noticeable is the "M" on your example is touching the inner circle,,whereas on the 120/34 and the 188/35, the "M" is not touching. Regards Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!  
    Attached Images Attached Images Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers!  Straight out of woodwork RZM 121/34 SS Dagger with hangers! 
    Last edited by Larry C; 03-19-2013 at 12:31 PM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2