Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Too good to be true? SS Dagger - Help please

Article about: I have been offered this but it looks a bit too good to be a genuine SS Dagger...... Any knowledgeable comments would be very much appreciated before I make what could be an expensive mistak

Default Too good to be true? SS Dagger - Help please

I have been offered this but it looks a bit too good to be a genuine SS Dagger......

Any knowledgeable comments would be very much appreciated before I make what could be an expensive mistake!

Many thanks

Too good to be true? SS Dagger  - Help please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Too good to be true? SS Dagger  - Help please
    P
    Many

Leather buffer pad......not looking good.
    Put it together without the buffer pad, and show us the blade to guard fit.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

rbminis. I don't own it as yet so will ask the seller for more photos.

Thanks

Greg

Of the same opinion as Ralph, it seems like it may have some other problems as well that are harder to make a definitive statement about without some better pictures. Best Regards, Fred

Ask the seller to provide a photo of the side of the tang and what is that metal square with a hole in the center that is behind the scabbard?

If someone added a buffer pad..Im sure there are more details that need to be seen.
    Eickhorn Transitionals are better assembled than what Im seeing in the few photos.

If you can get more photos yes please post them here. If the seller refuses..then walkaway ...this dagger will be as credible as the photos provided,, which means the dagger has issues.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Ralph, Fred and Larry.

Thank you all for your input.

I emailed the seller and he was not prepared to send the required photos, therefore I sent him a link to this thread.

He was a little bit upset, to say the least, so I will not be buying this particular dagger!

A friend who is more knowledgeable than me suggested it was a mish-mash of genuine parts, but was not "right".

Thanks again.

Greg

When Pride comes before knowledge usually becomes a stumbling block for the seller.

If a dealer / seller feels his items are correct then he can with confidence provide photos knowing that he can secure the sale.
    If they can not ..no sense wasting your time because its your money.

I would invite him if hes reading this thread to join in the discussion on the dagger itself and not an attack on himself.
    We are all here learning.

Thanks for posting Malvern

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

First sentence should be etched in stone. Well put Larry.
    D.

?

Fake from top to bottom.