Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Totenkopf SS dagger

Article about: I picked up this dagger @ a local antique store about a year ago (not the type of thing I normally come across) I havn't been able to find out anything on it. There are no markings on it tha

Default Re: Totenkopf SS dagger

Old Joe was clever. He would mix in the occasional Real piece(which was rarely if Ever still available for sale when you would call about it-just a Coincidence, I'm sure...)but for the most part, his stock was pure crap-usually made in India, from what they said. Towards the end, like you say, the only real items were generally low value common stuff-but enough of it to give the rest of the garbage a feel of authenticity. Somewhere out there, I'm sure there are still hundreds of "wonderful and rare" things still revered and treasured in collections all over the world....Thanks, Joe-the collecting world will always remember you.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Totenkopf SS dagger
    P
    Many

?

Very intriging thread!

Yep, Dean! Those were the Old Pre-internet days of collecting! Catalogs and Mailing Lists! Nowadays, you have magnificent fakes being made specially in Eastern Europe and all over. The Internet has opened a whole new international world of fakes and thieves.
    William

I found an old thread on this dagger. It even shows it listed in a catalog. SS prototype dagger - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Luke

That would be the one! Orienburg(Did he mean to say "Oranienburg, or did it sound "close enough"?)-that was one of the names of the camps he usually used-I remember now! I like how he added that only "6 of them were found in a child's coffin!"..lol Sure, Joe..
    William

I think we could make a movie about this.Fascinating stuff

All the info. is awesome! A movie would be cool, thievery, trickery, cons, pissed off people, and murder!!! hahaha! I love it for the story(maybe better if it was authentic) @ least I didn't pay much-it was part of a bigger deal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2