Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Unmarked 1936 Chained SS Dagger with an unusual Chain

Article about: Hello collectors. As promised, I put photos of Chained SS dagger in its entirety. In another thread I showed accurate photos, but only the chain. Now I'm curious about your opinion on the wh

Default Unmarked 1936 Chained SS Dagger with an unusual Chain

Hello collectors.

As promised, I put photos of Chained SS dagger in its entirety. In another thread I showed accurate photos, but only the chain. Now I'm curious about your opinion on the whole dagger.

Regards Michal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unmarked 1936 Chained SS Dagger with an unusual Chain   Unmarked 1936 Chained SS Dagger with an unusual Chain  

Unmarked 1936 Chained SS Dagger with an unusual Chain   Unmarked 1936 Chained SS Dagger with an unusual Chain  

Unmarked 1936 Chained SS Dagger with an unusual Chain   Unmarked 1936 Chained SS Dagger with an unusual Chain  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked 1936 Chained SS Dagger with an unusual Chain
    P
    Many

Hi Michal . The Dagger appears to have been opened and Im curious of any tang or internal crossguard markings. The grip eagle Is one I have never seen and does not appear to be anything I can reference it to. Interesting. The guards appear to be Eickhorn..and Im leaning on this dagger itself being a Ground Rohm. The etch is not the shallow type normally seen with no logo CH SS blades..thats why Im curious of any tang markings.to get an idea who forged it..and shared with other SS producers.

If you may...pics of the guards and tang...also beneath the lower guard....pics also top and bottom of the grip.

Thats all for now..at your convenience Michal..thanks for posting this for study . Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

love to find one like that.

could it be that the grip is "repainted" on this one?

hello collectors

I took a few more pictures as Larry requested .
    Both guards are marked singular letter "H"
    The Blade Tang has number "0" indicating that it was made by Ed. Wusthof company. Grip could be repainted but even holding a dagger in my hand hard for me to tell. I hope that the additional pictures will tell more about the dagger.

Enjoy collectors.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unmarked 1936 Chained SS Dagger with an unusual Chain   Unmarked 1936 Chained SS Dagger with an unusual Chain  

Unmarked 1936 Chained SS Dagger with an unusual Chain  

Sorry,but i don't like the entire dagger and I also Do not believe in a ground röhm.
    It doesn't shows any roman number at the lower guard,what i would expect to see
    on a Böker,Eickhorn,Hammesfahr,Herder or Klaas Röhm. Further the tang mark looks different comparing to an 1196 and also the motto. Grip appears to be reworked /painted. How much is the gap between lower guard and motto.
    I would judge the gap around 35 mm.

Regards,
    Gerd
    Note: as far as i recall,i've never seen this tang mark on one of the Röhm daggers above!

I have to say, that the more I look at this one, the more than I am not liking it. One could possibly argue that the poor sheath to guard fit may be from a "sheath upgrade" when the chained came out, but that would still leave a number of bits to explain.The unmarked blade would be proper for a chained piece, but the sheath fit on this one is poor, so it may well be a mix and mash set. There doesn't look to be even a hint of any crossgraining to the blade. As said, there is no district mark on the lower guard, and the grip wood definitely does look to me as if it has been painted. The runes button looks to be either in bad condition or an outright fake. In my opinion, this is looking like a put together.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thankyou Michal for providing the extra photos ,,which all of forge markings explains very much.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill