Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WIKING artillery commanders personal dress dagger

Article about: As requested Mark

Default Re: WIKING artillery commanders personal dress dagger

The dagger and the insignia are superb

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WIKING artillery commanders personal dress dagger
    P
    Many

Bunning. Thanks for the kind comments. The grass is cut, the wife is happy. After a quick shower I will get out some good 5th SS items and take pictures for these forums.

Mark

?

Look forward to it

?

Mark i don't know whether you know it but John Moore has one of Buennings original Wiking cufftitles would be nice if you could get them together !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

John and I used to correspond back and forth a few years back but I don't think he would part with anything of Bunnings. They were personal friends and very close. I think Bunning also gave him his Honor Ring or Sword as well. I have pictures of John's son (a young lad at the time) at Bunnings home.

Mark

?

Yes i have the same picture and your right i don't think John would part with it , Buenning cut it from a tunic and gave it to John's son if i remember correctly !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by kingtiger View Post
    Read the Whittmann book, pages 70-71. I'll post more later to help out but I have to get on the lawnmower or the Mrs. will be very displeased and it's Friday.

Mark
    Hi Mark ,, this is quite an impressive dagger with a "scary if found with the inscription" History about it. I read the Bio in Wittmanns SS book. This is quite a find and in great condition. More importantly than this dagger itself and the original owner, is the satisfaction of our loved one ( Wife) and the requests that must be completed in full ( the lawn ) so that the furthering of this great hobby is not hampered. To have an understanding and supporting spouse is a treasure itself and only adds to the collecting pleasure of future artifacts.
    I believe the last thing you need Mark is not do do your requested chores and only to find the next time you do cut the grass,, that you do not accidentally chop something under the mower and what looks to be wood and sparks flying out the side of the mower ,, sadly to find out the numerous daggers were buried with half the grip sticking out of the ground
    I myself walk on Rice paper and am careful not to wrinkle it if future TR acquisitions and investments are on the Horizon!
    The famed Prophet " Larry the cable guy" said it best..........."Git R Done" .
    Your dagger and your most honored treasure ( your wife ) makes the collecting experience complete. . Keep her happy and you will be happy Best regards Larry

?

WOW, what a great Dagger, superb quality

Historic dagger in amazingly like-new condition! Impossible to upgrade,for sure!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2