Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Woodwork SS-M36

Article about: This very early SS-M36 dagger is an unmessed with piece; not mint, but in as found condition at this end of the time tunnel. I hope you like seeing it.

Post Woodwork SS-M36

This very early SS-M36 dagger is an unmessed with piece; not mint, but in as found condition at this end of the time tunnel. I hope
    you like seeing it.

Woodwork SS-M36Woodwork SS-M36Woodwork SS-M36Woodwork SS-M36Woodwork SS-M36Woodwork SS-M36Woodwork SS-M36Woodwork SS-M36Woodwork SS-M36Woodwork SS-M36Woodwork SS-M36Woodwork SS-M36Woodwork SS-M36Woodwork SS-M36

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Woodwork SS-M36
    P
    Many

?

Nice I just picked up my first one about 6 months ago!

looks to me a very nice example.

Hi Gast,,Nice CH SS you have appearing to be a Type B1.which was just after the initial production Type A. The difference can be seen in the nasal cavity, in a Type A seen on this link below. The Type A has the nose bone inside the septum, the only variant out of the 4 types.

Chained SS Study of the 4 Chain types

I have read your prior thread concerning the abnormality in the wotans knot..as being deemed rare with the small pin point dot seen in the upper hole of the knot. The thread has disappeared for some reason. IMO ..I can not see how this may be rare as initial production type Knots have the hanger connector holes on the knot to be rounded instead of later tear drop holes. I am hopeful for clarification on your part that I may understand..why this knot may be deemed rare.

I would think from the photos giving the appearance that the Knot is a later Nickel plated type..which may have a die struck abnormality. Please do not misunderstand my thoughts and Im not dismissing it either...but I feel the photos may be giving a false impression of what has been commonly seen in Initial productions types. The Dagger, scabbard, chain assembly, all else look great.

Your thoughts though when you get a chance..that you feel this knot may be initial production. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Smile

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Gast,,Nice CH SS you have appearing to be a Type B1.which was just after the initial production Type A. The difference can be seen in the nasal cavity, in a Type A seen on this link below. The Type A has the nose bone inside the septum, the only variant out of the 4 types.

Chained SS Study of the 4 Chain types

I have read your prior thread concerning the abnormality in the wotans knot..as being deemed rare with the small pin point dot seen in the upper hole of the knot. The thread has disappeared for some reason. IMO ..I can not see how this may be rare as initial production type Knots have the hanger connector holes on the knot to be rounded instead of later tear drop holes. I am hopeful for clarification on your part that I may understand..why this knot may be deemed rare.

I would think from the photos giving the appearance that the Knot is a later Nickel plated type..which may have a die struck abnormality. Please do not misunderstand my thoughts and Im not dismissing it either...but I feel the photos may be giving a false impression of what has been commonly seen in Initial productions types. The Dagger, scabbard, chain assembly, all else look great.

Your thoughts though when you get a chance..that you feel this knot may be initial production. Regards Larry
    This early chainset and all fittings are nickel silver, not plated. I agree that the collector classifications of early chainset configurations/variations are interesting and acceptable in making sense of those variations, but imho do not prove chronological descent, i.e., verifiable changes through a very short period of time by reference to a primary source. Just as likely, but not provable, are manufacturer variations. I had hoped the pictures would show the pin fixing clearly, in hand the system can be seen. My main interest in posting was to learn if perhaps other members had observed this particular feature. My use of the phrase "very early" is an opinion, not an assertion. I hope this clarifies my thinking here.

It looks good to me as one of the earliest types of M1936 - with my sense of it possibly manufactured just after a trial batch of the nasal septum type (without some period records/documentation this of course can be argued). With my best recollection at the moment of the pin/rivet as possibly a "locater" pin used to hold everything in place before soldering? But not needed once a proper set of soldering jigs/fixtures were made? From what I'm seeing in the images, all in all it looks like a very nice dagger. Best Regards, Fred