Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

would like information on this SS dagger, thanks,

Article about: A quick bit of advise, though.....daggers like these really should Not be taken apart frequently and great care must be taken when re-assembling them again. The main bit of danger is from th

Default would like information on this SS dagger, thanks,

hi, just trying to find out a bit of information on this dagger, my grandfather gave it to me about 50 year's ago, found it in the loft when i was looking for something else, i've always wondered what the german writing say's on the blade, plus i'd like to know when and where it was made, and anything else interesting about it, the stamp on the back of the blade it say's " BOKER" with a little tree and "solingen", sorry about the pic's, my camera's not too good, any information appreciated, thanks,
    i'll try and take some better pic's in daylight tomorrow,

would like information on this SS dagger, thanks,would like information on this SS dagger, thanks,would like information on this SS dagger, thanks,would like information on this SS dagger, thanks,would like information on this SS dagger, thanks,
    Last edited by GARAGE HERMIT; 02-20-2012 at 09:09 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement would like information on this SS dagger, thanks,
    P
    Many

Default re: would like information on this SS dagger, thanks,

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

1933 pattern SS man's dagger or Dienstdolch.

Boker is the name of the maker: located in the town of Solingen.

The motto on the blade reads in English as "My Honour is Loyalty".

See here for info on the crossguard "I" marking:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...arkings-28216/

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

would like information on this SS dagger, thanks,would like information on this SS dagger, thanks,would like information on this SS dagger, thanks,would like information on this SS dagger, thanks,would like information on this SS dagger, thanks,would like information on this SS dagger, thanks,would like information on this SS dagger, thanks,would like information on this SS dagger, thanks,would like information on this SS dagger, thanks,would like information on this SS dagger, thanks,would like information on this SS dagger, thanks,would like information on this SS dagger, thanks,would like information on this SS dagger, thanks,would like information on this SS dagger, thanks,would like information on this SS dagger, thanks,would like information on this SS dagger, thanks,would like information on this SS dagger, thanks,would like information on this SS dagger, thanks,would like information on this SS dagger, thanks,would like information on this SS dagger, thanks,thanks for the welcome, and the translation, here's some more pic's of it, i will be looking to sell it, as you can see, it's been knocked about a bit,, where would be the best place to advertise it, on here ?,

It would certainly sell here on the forum in the classified adverts section.

By the way, you have placed it is the scabbard back to front. (My Pet hate)

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    It would certainly sell here on the forum in the classified adverts section.

By the way, you have placed it is the scabbard back to front. (My Pet hate)

Cheers, Ade.
    ooop's, i'll swap it round straight away,, ,, not being a collector, i'm not privvy to these thing's, but thank's for the tip,
    i'll put it in the advert section, thank's,

Hello,

Please check around for what these are selling for. These are quite desirable and I would hate to see you get ripped off because of your lack of experience.

That's a hell of a thing to stumble upon!

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Hello,

Please check around for what these are selling for. These are quite desirable and I would hate to see you get ripped off because of your lack of experience.

That's a hell of a thing to stumble upon!
    thank's for your concern, about getting ripped off,

as to how much it's worth, in the condition it's in, i have no idea, i was going just to ask for best offer,
    in the same box as the dagger is a pair of field glasses, but i think they're british, they're in a bakealite case, i'll have to get them out of the loft and have a good look at them,

You need to be expecting offers of £1500 upwards.

The binos actually sounds German.

Cheers, Ade.

ade,,
    i'm amazed at that price, never would have thought that much,

here's some pic's of the glasses, they have the british arrow stamped on them, and " military stereo 6 x 30, bausch & lomb optical co, rochester ny, usa" , so not german, the case just has a number on it, 1882/:

would like information on this SS dagger, thanks,would like information on this SS dagger, thanks,would like information on this SS dagger, thanks,would like information on this SS dagger, thanks,would like information on this SS dagger, thanks,would like information on this SS dagger, thanks,would like information on this SS dagger, thanks,

The case IS German though as I suspected. I need a case for my German 6x30 binos.

Glad I mentioned the value, I thought you might be shocked.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast