Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Afrika Korps helmet - good or bad

Article about: Picked this up a few months ago. What is your opinion of it, seems authentic to me … but my track record is not that great lately. Casey ~

The stamp is actually the one that would be found in a fallschirmjäger M38 helmet liner!!!!!

.... these fakers are such dweebs!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Afrika Korps helmet - good or bad
    P
    Many

I also have a fallschirmjäger helmet (or is it) that I'll post next week that my wife picked up as a birthday gift. Not getting good vides on it now. But, it is one of the reasons I'm here though.

Casey ~

CBH
    ?

Well I hope you ride out the storm , collecting TR stuff is a minefield .
    I don't buy much these days , getting more into Allied stuff , cheaper and less fakes .
    But I still hope some of your collection will be good .
    Cheers

you don't even have to look at the paint or decals...The air vents and the dip of the helmet already tell it is a fake. Also the liner looks like it just had some black shoe cleaner on it...How can you not see that? Even for me who only collects 2 years the basic shape of the m35, 40 and 42 are printed in my head...You need to study your basic helmet characteristics better...

Sorry, guess we're not all as awesome as you when it comes to collecting.

Play nice fellas, we dont want any more Euro exits...
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Most of us have been there and got it wrong sometimes. These days when you can't even be certain that shell is original, FFS, what a minefield, at least in my day when I started you knew the shell was real, just paint, decals, liner etc....might be bad.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Ko de Bruin View Post
    you don't even have to look at the paint or decals...The air vents and the dip of the helmet already tell it is a fake. Also the liner looks like it just had some black shoe cleaner on it...How can you not see that? Even for me who only collects 2 years the basic shape of the m35, 40 and 42 are printed in my head...You need to study your basic helmet characteristics better...
    We have all been there when it comes to buying a fake. Study is the most import factor of collecting today. Learn who to listen to and who to ignore. Too many false prophets in the hobby today. Pick an area and specialize. Everything today is being faked so care must always be taken before parting with money. There is no reason to rub salt in the wound. Supply positive encouragement.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

There must be more of these out there, because I swear I saw one for sale on Craigslist some months back.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    We have all been there when it comes to buying a fake. Study is the most import factor of collecting today. Learn who to listen to and who to ignore. Too many false prophets in the hobby today. Pick an area and specialize. Everything today is being faked so care must always be taken before parting with money. There is no reason to rub salt in the wound. Supply positive encouragement.
    it was not my intentions to rub salt in the wounds. If it looked like that my apologies towards you and to Casey. I was just blown away that these helmets are sold and that people still by them. But indeed i could have said it differently. But i suggest to Casey really to try and study the basic elements of the helmets so in the future this wil not happen again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2