Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another grave helmet for the collection

Article about: I don't know if you remember the last post I did regarding about the grave dug helmet my friend sent me? Well i still have it and everything is good now. He sent me two more helmet one is Ru

Default Another grave helmet for the collection

I don't know if you remember the last post I did regarding about the grave dug helmet my friend sent me? Well i still have it and everything is good now. He sent me two more helmet one is Russian and the other is German ( the one with the two shrapnel holes in front of helmet facing the picture). I wanted to share this picture of how this was a close fight and how the Germans and Russians are buried together. Horrors of war. At least the Germans had dog tags so they could be registered. These were found 20 yards or so from where my last helmet came from. As we all know these soldiers were reburied with honors and professionally recovered and registered. These helmets will be my last of its kind. I dont have the other german helmets in hand only the russian. Wanted to share...Another grave helmet for the collectionAnother grave helmet for the collection

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another grave helmet for the collection
    P
    Many

If you were so horrified by the thought that your last helmet came from a dead soldier, I have a really hard time understanding why you are pursuing these.
    Are you after the shock factor posting another here?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Adapt and over come... people get over things..do you? Are you pursuing to be a funny guy?

It does seem a bit of a moral conundrum.
    On one hand, you're honouring the soldier in a way by preserving a piece of his personal history. On the other side, it was removed from a grave site. Some would ask questions about whether it's ethical to ever remove items from a place where they fell with the man who wore them.
    It's nice to know that the remains were registered and repatriated, as they always should be. They were all just young men, whichever side they fought on.

B.B.

CBH
    ?

Something you should note MrPotts is Ralph is mod and not pursuing to be a funny guy.

He doesn't have to get over anything, and you should show some respect.

I don't really like your macabre grave helmet choices either.

You should watch your step, they take out the garbage around here almost daily.

Quote by MrPotts View Post
    Are you pursuing to be a funny guy?
    Not really, are you looking to get punted?
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

You are treading on sensitive ground Mr Potts.
    Watch emotions as they can lead to a sticky end.......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

There is a very fine line that we all tread in this "hobby" of ours. I personally appreciate the efforts of those who aims are to find the remains of fallen servicemen/women and send them back to a place where their families can mourn them. The artefacts that accompanied them is a grey area for me, yes they hold a great historical interest, but I am not sure they are what I would strive to collect. That said, I have a collection of prisoners letters from various Konzentrationlagers as that is a specific area of study that I hold dear to my heart and I feel preserving the written word of the murdered innocents of the Nazi regime to be of the utmost importance, but others would not feel those to be "PC". Just my tuppence. Leon.

CBH.... this is just a forum, its just words on a screen. Respect..? Come on... He is always a smart mouth and I see it with his responses to stuff. If he wants to kick me off and make him feel COOL in front of everyone it does not matter and I cant stop that and I would not loose sleep. I wasnt being a smart ass Im just making s comment becuase I know where he was going. I just wanted to SHARE this and what everyone elses does on here, not to get into a computer word fight with anyone...seriously folks. Move on. Can someone just post stuff without smart comments?...anyways

CBH.... this is just a forum, its just words on a screen. Respect..? Come on... He is always a smart mouth and I see it with his responses to stuff. If he wants to kick me off and make him feel COOL in front of everyone it does not matter and I cant stop that and I would not loose sleep. I wasnt being a smart ass Im just making s comment becuase I know where he was going. I just wanted to SHARE this and what everyone elses does on here, not to get into a computer word fight with anyone...seriously folks. Move on. Can someone just post stuff without smart comments?...anyways
    I was not being a smart mouth and how could you possibly know where I was going with the one question I asked?
    Also, I don't need to "feel cool in front of everyone" for your benefit.

From the dramatic title of your last episode on this type of helmet,
    HORRIBLE DISCOVERY! !!! I want to throw up
    I would have thought that you would have been finished with these grave dug helmets. Now you are trying to insult me for my questioning you?

And after some of the other comments that you posted referring to some of our long term members,
    Regardless either way don't read my post becuase I don't give a flying @$&# what you have to say.."BIG NED" .. reading your profile, you sound like a medical case going big

- - ------- - -

Is that the fairy tell your mom still reads you? Get a life
    Now this, I would say you are on the verge of at least a warning.
    Ralph.

To quote Ned from your other thread,
    Quote by big ned View Post
    I have neither the time or the crayons to explain to you how you're being perceived here after that outburst,........
    Thank you, you have already helped to make up my mind for me, good bye.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast