Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Auction helmet, real or fake?

Article about: Hi I've stumbled across this helmet from Latvia supposedly a Kurland relic found in a loft. It has no other hardware so is just the shell, if you look closely it appears to have been sanded

?

Latvia is notorious for fakes and scammers. Of course there are genuine articles issuing from there on occasion, but caution is always in order.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Auction helmet, real or fake?
    P
    Many

Thanks for this info alternatively is there a reputable source for genuine inexpensive helmets?

If you're looking for a collectible helmet, this isnt it. If you're look for a piece of steel to put on a shelf, this might be it.

?

I think as long as you get what is pictured for around £30 you cant go wrong really but like the guys say use a secure payment method ie paypal your back is covered then.

?

Steve I know several friends that have ordered items from ebay that came out of Latvia that never made it to the US . Gary

?

Too add, Like helmetone says... This is not a collectible helmet, A nice original looking shell like I said previously and if anything id say a nice restoration project!

Thanks for this info alternatively is there a reputable source for genuine inexpensive helmets?

?

Quote by steve1971 View Post
    Not for nice, collectible ones. The good ones can never be had for less than £100, unless you get lucky and chance on one somewhere.

?

I do know of a reliable website that sells helmet shells like this, but they're priced at around £60 and (I think) operated out of America, so shipping might be high.

I'm not even that concerned about being nice just genuine and the best I can expect for the money before I jump in boots and all

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast