Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Auction helmet, real or fake?

Article about: Hi I've stumbled across this helmet from Latvia supposedly a Kurland relic found in a loft. It has no other hardware so is just the shell, if you look closely it appears to have been sanded

Can you post a link Erno? Is that allowed on the forum?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Auction helmet, real or fake?
    P
    Many

?

The others will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that this website sells original shells. They are priced at around £55 for the smallest size available.

?

Thats Ken N's website you wont find a more reputable dealer than him. He does like Erno says sell shells I believe but again there not collectibles, More restoration worthy and even shells are going up in price these days thats why at £30 id say the one posted on this thread is well worth a punt.

That website's awesome thanks Erno

?

By the way, if you'd like a nice helmet but don't mind a civic (non-military) issue, you might try a Luftschutz helmet. I was recently offered a nice original 'gladiator' type with the decal for $150, which is right around £90.

I can tell you that you'll never be satisfied with just a shell. I'm not saying you have to buy a $1,000 helmet, but your satisfaction with this shell will probably be short lived. If I may offer advice, I would say figure out exactly what you want in your helmet, and save accordingly. Some helmets can be had for a few hundred (pounds or dollars) that will look very nice on a shelf. But, if you just want a helmet shell that is genuine and nothing more, than this one is ok.

I've checked out a few of those Erno but I'm more interested in a helmet that I can imagine was used in battle. Money's not a problem I'm just interested in having a little piece of history before they disappear and I'd imagine it will increase my interest and I'll end up with a little more knowledge to collect some better examples. Thank you all for your advice I appreciate it very much.

Quote by steve1971 View Post
    Money's not a problem I'm just interested in having a little piece of history before they disappear...
    Well, if money is not an issue, than pass on this helmet and spend the money on a nice combat worn helmet. They are out there and for varying prices. If you want to spend less because your knowledge base is minimal, than no worries, just post whatever helmet you find and are interested in buying and we can give you an accurate analysis just as we did for this helmet. We won't let you buy junk

Default Does this look genuine to you guys?

Guy wants around $400 for it it's in St Petersburg, same old found in a attic story...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction helmet, real or fake?   Auction helmet, real or fake?  

Auction helmet, real or fake?   Auction helmet, real or fake?  

Auction helmet, real or fake?  

Too dear!...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast