Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Badass helmets

Article about: Didnt want to add this to my SS helmet post. There was more helmets in the lake mud. Have fun

lol, learn some history man.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7th_SS...on_Prinz_Eugen

"Prinz Eugen retreated through the NDH in April 1945. On 10 May, the division retreated towards Celje in Slovenia where it surrendered to Yugoslav forces on 11 May"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/13th_W...(1st_Croatian)

"The retreat continued until 11 May. On 12 May, Hampel carried out surrender negotiations with the British Army at Sankt Veit an der Glan."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Badass helmets
    P
    Many

I grew up in Germany in the home of a veteran of the Eastern front. Maybe you making your original post so vague and now with the extraordinary find of mixed helmets from a single hole. Again I just do not believe you. My opinion.................

Has nothing to do with History, it has to do with credibility.

OMG,

So you are badass?

Why do you think i care what do you belive or not?

But you are welcome to visit me, any time you want. I will show you places, even the helmets if you want.

It doesn't matter what I think. But I have been in a business for many years where documentation beats conversation any day. Without documentation of the find your approach alone gives me pause. Not trying to offend you just being captain obvious here.
    Last edited by Logictox; 04-02-2016 at 05:29 PM.

Man, no offence taken.

But i don't follow you anymore? What documentation you need or want?

Quote by Logictox View Post
    Really! SS??? Forgive me but now more than ever I have doubt in what you say. Just my opinion.
    Mate why is this a problem?

The army group E operated in Yugoslavia, Greece, Albania. They were mixed in as he said; Ustashe, Yugo Wehrmacht voulunteers (369/372/392 divisions), Yugo SS volounteers (7SS/13SS). Just take a look at the pics of surrender of 20000 German (read "German") forces near the Croatian city of Knin. Police, SS, whatever you want. I dont see nothing wrong in the story.

Quote by LeonardoL View Post
    Mate why is this a problem?

The army group E operated in Yugoslavia, Greece, Albania. They were mixed in as he said; Ustashe, Yugo Wehrmacht voulunteers (369/372/392 divisions), Yugo SS volounteers (7SS/13SS). Just take a look at the pics of surrender of 20000 German (read "German") forces near the Croatian city of Knin. Police, SS, whatever you want. I dont see nothing wrong in the story.
    To each his own. Units usually kept together in groups and if you find one pile of 50 or so helmets what are the odds of it being from every branch? I know from my own time in the military that no matter what was happening I stayed with my own group. They were my brothers in arms. Let's not forget how many fake items come out of Croatia? ROFLMAO

"ROFLMAO" back at yourself --- this crusade of yours here is ridiculous. You don't believe in this find? Fine. Even though you have nothing to base this on, except for your "own time in the military", we have all heard your weak reasoning and snide tone, maybe it's time to find another thread to derail and ruin?

It's no crusade. It is a simple opinion based on common sense and many many years of talking to veterans of WWII and my own personal experience.

Documentation beats conversation! I have yet to see anything but a pile of rusty helmets and a story.......................

And what more is it that you demand? Other than documented movements matching this find and the helmets themselves, I mean. Please, be a bit more specific... your personal anecdotes retain no value in this context.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast