Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

battle damaged m42 relic

Article about: Another fine relic for your collection of fine relic lids. Nice one......... !

Default battle damaged m42 relic

hi gang here's my latest aquisition and a first for me ,a bullet ridden relic you can see where the bullet's penetrated the right hand side but came to a stop just denting the left handside i would really like to think the soldier was not wearing it at the time , im really pleased with it and im sure it will display well there is also part remenants of the liner as an added bonus enjoy jamesbattle damaged m42 relicbattle damaged m42 relicbattle damaged m42 relicbattle damaged m42 relicbattle damaged m42 relicbattle damaged m42 relic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement battle damaged m42 relic
    P
    Many

Default Re: battle damaged m42 relic

and here in my relic displaybattle damaged m42 relicbattle damaged m42 relic

WOW,that would have been very bad news for the poor chap wearing that one!That said it is a fantastic talking peice of history,i would love to get one at some point with that kind of self explanitory tale to tell.

Now thats even better Jameshaving the remnants of the liner band and even part of the chinstrap just makes it that bit more pleasing on the eye,keep it up young man,regards Dave.

Cool relic. I like your helmet display. Do you have lights in the shelves?

thanks guys whether the soldier was wearing it at the time i will never know but it certainly highlights the damage bullets can inflict upon steel i wonder if it was very close fighting for the acuracy of the hits the helmet took in such a small grouping he wouldnt of stood a chance and MM what is left of the tattered leather liner and chinstrap is in very good supple condition considering ,ive not thought about lighting the display helmetone but maybe i should put in some downlighters thanks again james

I would definitely look at some LED lighting. It really makes items pop out from the display and doesn't put off a lot of heat. My lights have a dimmer setting so I can make it very low like a night light, or very bright which makes it look like aliens landed in my room.

Nice lid, congratulations!

thanks for the lighting tip helmetone i imagine under the right lighting setting it becomes very atmospheric regards james

It will look like museum lighting, James. An investment you will be very happy with.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast