Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

battle damaged m42 relic

Article about: Another fine relic for your collection of fine relic lids. Nice one......... !

Default Re: battle damaged m42 relic

Another fine relic for your collection of fine relic lids. Nice one......... !
    Regards,

Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement battle damaged m42 relic
    P
    Many

A very nice relic indeed, congrats!

Is the liner blood stained ?? or is it the lighting.....

A very nice addition to your collection.

Great helmet and a nice collection!...

hi totenhead in relation to the liner its really hard to tell if bloodstained as this stahlhelm was ground dug but the liner does seem uniform in colour inside and out well what remains anyway ,i notice your in chester not to far from us here in north wales and we were in chester last weekend doing a bit of christmas shopping and appreciating the xmas market ,thanks for your interest james

Quote by col james View Post
    hi totenhead in relation to the liner its really hard to tell if bloodstained as this stahlhelm was ground dug but the liner does seem uniform in colour inside and out well what remains anyway ,i notice your in chester not to far from us here in north wales and we were in chester last weekend doing a bit of christmas shopping and appreciating the xmas market ,thanks for your interest james
    Hi James,
    Very nice relic helmet you have there, I like the bullet holes; it really would have a tale to tell!! The liner looked like it was stained, but it may be just my laptop screen, different screens do display images differently depending on how they are set up. Where was the helmet found??
    I do live in Chester now; I was born in North Wales, brought up in Broughton just over the border where the Airbus Factory is. I was working in Anglesey the past few months but I am now working in lovely Barrow in Furness for the next few months.
    Yes the Christmas market is pretty good, the one on Manchester is better, I was in Chester Saturday afternoon having a few beers with old pals, was in the Shropshire Arms for a few hours which is right by the market, we may have passed each other in the street!!!

All the best, Martin

hi martin i believe from battle of narva , yes we may of passed each other we went to the queens head for a bite to eat ,a great little but busy pub ,i always pop to the military shop in the old market when in chester but nothing catches my eye there anymore ,i think its mainly reproductions now ,regards james

Quote by col james View Post
    hi martin i believe from battle of narva , yes we may of passed each other we went to the queens head for a bite to eat ,a great little but busy pub ,i always pop to the military shop in the old market when in chester but nothing catches my eye there anymore ,i think its mainly reproductions now ,regards james
    Hi James,

Yeah i know the Queens Head, used to go there alot years ago when Brannigans was open ! Dont go there now really, its the oppisite end of town to where I am. You should try the Coach and Horses by the Shrophire, they do nice food. I know the shop in the market, been there a few times myself, i think most of his stuff is repro, but the prices dont reflect that, not sure if he knows or he's just trying to pull a fast one ! Has he still got that repro wired FJ helm in the window he wants £2000 for !!!! haha

Martin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2