Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Battle damaged white wash Q62 M40 shell

Article about: Just got this shell in today, bought it on fleabay for 34€ in the condition you can see in the last 3 pictures thinking it would probably still have some nice original paint left and smal

Default Battle damaged white wash Q62 M40 shell

Just got this shell in today, bought it on fleabay for 34€ in the condition you can see in the last 3 pictures thinking it would probably still have some nice original paint left and smal chances for a white wash ( but I didn't buy it thinking it was going to be one)
    It arrived today and I decided to clean it up a little with some oxalic acid and I think the results speak for themselves.
    the spot on the top of the helmet where there is no white wash left I think had been exposed to the elements so it was washed off same with some of the original paint in that spot.
    Some parts of the helmet must have been underground too as some areas are quite heavily affected by rust.
    But wherever the original paint stayed on it is in great shape, the rough textured slate gray paint is still beneath the white wash as you can see in the pictures.
    Sadly I don't know when or where it was actually found but given the good condition of the paint I suspect it was a while ago and probably somewhere in the West of Germany.
    God knows what happened to the poor sod who wore it, the shell is quite deformed at one of the cracks, too.

I hope you like it
    Luis

- - ------- - -

More pictures
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battle damaged white wash Q62 M40 shell   Battle damaged white wash Q62 M40 shell  

Battle damaged white wash Q62 M40 shell   Battle damaged white wash Q62 M40 shell  

Battle damaged white wash Q62 M40 shell   Battle damaged white wash Q62 M40 shell  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Battle damaged white wash Q62 M40 shell
    P
    Many

Some of the pics are jumbled up, the smaller pictures with me holding it in my hand are before the acid.
    Luis