Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Berlin helmet

Article about: G'day gents, Well, I have my first relic helmet and I reckon it's a beauty! It was found during recent building works in Berlin only a couple of hundred metres from the Reichstag, it'll fit

Nice one mate, when i was in Berlin a few years ago i was at the Reichs Chancellery site and some work men were digging, in the rubble they dug out there was a little piece of red marble which i picked up, one of the guys grinned at me and said "it could be anything my friend"!...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Berlin helmet
    P
    Many

?

Hi Dave, Cracking relic you got yourself there! It does indeed look like the chaps have said to be a Quist M40. Well done. Cheers, Sean.

Thanks very much for your comments boys, they're much appreciated. I have been very lucky to make contact with a bloke who is in Berlin on a regular basis and has access to some unbelievable finds that are coming out at the moment. The last bits of land that have remained undeveloped since the chancellery was demolished are now being developed and there are some great things coming out of the ground.

There are some good finds in Berlin, i was talking to one of the workers on the U5 ubahn extension last August, he had a pile of helmets and buckles etc that had been dug out of the Unter Den Linden area, he wouldn't sell me any as they were all for his dealer friend!...

There are some great finds coming out of Berlin at the moment Paul, I've been fortunate enough to have made contact with a fella who visits Berlin regularly and knows one of the blokes who digs these things out, I've got some nice things. He's actually heading back to Berlin next week and has told me his contact has some great new finds. He was only there 3 weeks ago! A shame he wouldn't sell you one of the helmets, that would've been a great score!

Nice one mate!...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Nice one mate!...
    "liked"

?

Nice piece of history! I would definitely not hesitate to put that on my own shelf.

Cheers

a great piece.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2