Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Beware dubious relic German helmet dealer Wayne Jackson

Article about: Due to my own experience and that of others, Militaria enthusiasts be advised to be very wary of dealing with a former WAF member, Wayne "Jacko" Jackson, who got expelled due to hi

?

Default Beware dubious relic German helmet dealer Wayne Jackson

Due to my own experience and that of others, Militaria enthusiasts be advised to be very wary of dealing with a former WAF member, Wayne "Jacko" Jackson, who got expelled due to his dubious actions. He is in Preston, Lanc, UK. On his web site he is selling a number of British helmets and some WWII relics. His site was "ww2 relics & collectibles", and has now changed to "Combat Helmets". In the process he removed his User Forum because he was receiving so many negative comments.

Further info can be found here http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ighlight=wayne

After purchasing 2 helmets from him last year with slow service but acceptable product, this year I purchased a "Relic Fallschirmjager Helmet" from him last month. The pics looked OK, if a bit limited, but when it arrived it was obviously not FJ. Contacted him immediately and his response was "to throw it in the bin" because he didn't want it back; but he couldn't pay me back because he has no money. I offered a VERY generous payback plan to fit his needs, but he wasn't interested. I have turned it over to PayPal, but do not expect restitution. Learn from my stupid.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Beware dubious relic German helmet dealer Wayne Jackson
    P
    Many

Default Re: Beware dubious relic German helmet dealer Wayne Jackson

Sounds like quite the scumbag, pardon my french... Hope paypal will be able to make it up to you, and thanks for the heads up!

Any pics of the FJ helmet you bought?

Useless posting WAF links anywhere, the WAF owner stops any links to other forums

- - Updated - -

But post a link to the guys site so it can be vetted
    Ben

?

He is a member here !! I just can't recall his member name at the moment , he was trying to sell relic helmets here also !1
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

His name on here was Wayne J and it shows he is banned.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Here is his web site: Combat Helmets – Formally WW2 Relics & Collectables | used Combat helmets
    Can anyone think of other militaria sites where I should post a warning?
    Pics to follow.

?

OK, first I know I am a dumbass to buy the damn thing without better knowledge of the product. Dumbassness accepted. From his pic it looked right and the price, $175, was good enough that I figured I better move fast. Lesson learned. I trusted him from the other transactions, and shouldn't have. Like I said, learn from my stupid.

Note, no holes for the liner bolts, and the visor area is not trimmed back correctly. I have no idea what this is. May be a chamber pot.

Beware dubious relic German helmet dealer Wayne JacksonBeware dubious relic German helmet dealer Wayne JacksonBeware dubious relic German helmet dealer Wayne Jackson

?

His original pic, he said they were dug near Dortmund:

Beware dubious relic German helmet dealer Wayne JacksonBeware dubious relic German helmet dealer Wayne Jackson

What did the description say?
    No Jager helmet here for sure.
    chris

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast