Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Beware dubious relic German helmet dealer Wayne Jackson

Article about: Due to my own experience and that of others, Militaria enthusiasts be advised to be very wary of dealing with a former WAF member, Wayne "Jacko" Jackson, who got expelled due to hi

?

Default Re: Beware dubious relic German helmet dealer Wayne Jackson

Chris: it was described as "Relic WWII German Fallshirmjager helmets, three available. Dug in Dortmund, Germany". After he sold two (one to me), he changed the description on the final helmet as "Prototype German Helmet".

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Beware dubious relic German helmet dealer Wayne Jackson
    P
    Many

Prototype of what?
    they look like ww2 Polish helmets.
    chris

As already mentioned by Eric, I banned him from here some months ago.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Early last year I bought a M42 helmet and a dug GA badge from Wayne. His business dealings then were fine and I was ( and still am ) pleased with my purchases. Later in the year it all seemed to go downhill for him. Depression, debts, the British economy ... whatever it was it escalated to the point of his removal from this forum. A great, great pity when ones' life turns to sh*te.... so many people get affected by it
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Ouch, sorry for the OPs loss.

Too bad, if the seller resort to these 'tricks' (scams?) after a good run.

NB Relic helmets and repro helmets for sale on the same site - usually a bad sign.
    Last edited by Scout; 06-18-2013 at 08:55 AM.

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Later in the year it all seemed to go downhill for him. Depression, debts, the British economy ... whatever it was it escalated to the point of his removal from this forum.
    Everyones life can take a down turn but that is no excuse to start ripping other folk off for their hard earned cash !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

This shows 2 things;

1: how a "dig" is easily faked which I believe happens all the time and

2: if your buying something from 3 terrible photos you are quite simply asking for it ( like you said. And My compliments on recognizing it - we've all done it! )

Sorry to say but we collectors are our own worst enemies because we don't hold dealers to high standards.

?

Nothing you can do, really; he will just go on cheating people. When I gave him grief for being a crook, he just bragged that he and his wife would be enjoying a holiday on my money. This is not just a case of things "going bad" for him; he is proud of himself. The only thing I can do is try to warn others. He has a Facebook site for selling his helmets, so I go there and send a message to anyone who posts a comment or "likes" one of his posts.

As Doug says above, the real message here is to thoroughly research the seller and the item before you buy. Do a "search" on his name and his business name at the various militaria sites, and Google in general. Request extra pictures of the item. I was foolish and lost my money, but it is a lesson learned.

?

I just received a message back from one of the people I messaged Wayne's FB site:

"Hi mike: I bought the other relic fj helmet from him. I bought a helmet from him in November and never got it so he told me he would send me the fj instead. I just got another modern British helmet from him I told him I was going to buy a bunch more from him so he would send me that helmet over. I will never get nothing else from him I have had nothing but trouble out of him from the get go . I have shown my relic fj helmet to people,and,they don't know,what it is ."

?

Jeez, what a crook. So sorry for all those who got screwed by him.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast