Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can you identify this helmet?

Article about: Hi! I need help identifying this helmet. I know for sure its real from the WW2, as it has been in the family sinse a familymember found it during the war. What kind of helmet is this? And wh

Q26h9avlk654R
    ?

Default Can you identify this helmet?

Hi!
    I need help identifying this helmet. I know for sure its real from the WW2, as it has been in the family sinse a familymember found it during the war. What kind of helmet is this? And what is its value? Thanks

Can you identify this helmet?Can you identify this helmet?Can you identify this helmet?Can you identify this helmet?Can you identify this helmet?Can you identify this helmet?Can you identify this helmet?Can you identify this helmet?

2. # ADS

M42 bordered decal police helmet! Looks nice!

Q26h9avlk654R
    ?

Ok thanks. Do you know if this is rare?

Welcome to the Forum, friend...It is indeed a scarce and desirable M42 double-decal Police-issued helmet, Liner size 57, complete and showing minimal use...
    cheers, Glenn

thats nice.

Looks like a correct M42 EF66/64 with original eagle and tricolor and awesome liner/chinstrap.

Q26h9avlk654R
    ?

I now found a nother stamt: EF. But no numbers? Can you identify this helmet?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can you identify this helmet?  

MAP
    ?

Nice minty police helmet. Really nice.....and complete! Keep it stored properly!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Q26h9avlk654R
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Nice minty police helmet. Really nice.....and complete! Keep it stored properly!

Michael
    Hi! I know Im a noob. But how should I store it? Currently it is just on the floor in the attic. As it has been since the war. As the pictures show there is some rust on the inside. I'm a little afraid that this will spread and eventually destroy the entire helmet. Is there anything I can do to prevent the rust from spreading? Or will this ruin the value?

I'm still looking for one of these! But with decals in better condition. Take it out of the attic and place it on a high shelf away from curious hands, out of direct sunlight and in a climate controlled room with neutral humidity and temperature. In that environment it will last for decades to come. Attics are not the place for helmets. Also, as for the EF mark, the numbers are there just hard to read. By late war the stampings were not as strong and deep into the metal as they were early on. Perfectly fine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast