Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Eastern front REALLY nice helmet and medals I had offered to me....

Article about: I was wondering what the prices are going for these days. I was offered this helmet for 210, and the tanker set for 275 us.. Annoyed from this ads?   what do you think ?

Although I have a few helmets, I do not really collect them. I don't think the price for the helmet with a reasonable decal, liner, chin strap, and in this condition is unrealistic.
    As far as the other items, I don't think the price for the ground dug EK II, buckle, erkennungsmarken and ground dug Panzerkampfabzeichen is unrealistic either.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eastern front REALLY nice helmet and medals I had offered to me....
    P
    Many

Quote by rbminis View Post
    The EK II is not a Knights Cross, it is an Iron Cross 2nd class since it has a ring for the ribbon.
    I do not think it is from a grave as I would expect to see only half of the erkennungsmarken, (dog tag), if it were.
    Ralph.
    If he was given a proper burial and it was by the Germans......
    Truth is you if you buy this, you have no way of knowing if there were remains there or not.

Quote by meyerse View Post
    If he was given a proper burial and it was by the Germans......
    Truth is you if you buy this, you have no way of knowing if there were remains there or not.
    Even if it was from a German cemetary, I would still only expect to find half of the erkennungsmarken, as far as I know, it is the only way they tracked who was killed in action.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

It's hard to say....so crapp basically it's a decent deal...or resonable. Guess I'll be spending money. I don't collect this stuff but it would be cool to have a small dug collection. Is that a bronze panzer badge ?

Quote by MrPotts View Post
    Is that a bronze panzer badge ?
    It is near impossible to tell in this condition without better photos but, if it actually belongs with the erkennungsmarken, then I would expect it to be a silver version. Bronze were normally issued to motorized artillary, silver normally to Panzer crews.
    Here is a recent thread concerning this very type of Panzerkampfabzeichen, there is a very good discussion on it.
    Panzerkampfabzeichen good ?
    Ralph.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Even if it was from a German cemetary, I would still only expect to find half of the erkennungsmarken, as far as I know, it is the only way they tracked who was killed in action.
    Ralph.
    Hence my qualifier of proper burial by Germans.
    Ask the question another way, why was this discarded with a belt and helmet and an unbroken tag?
    Could be they were not all found together (as the seller states) of course from various dumps.
    Just saying, no way to tell if there were remains along with them. You either have to be comfortable with that or not.

I'll ask him if it's silver badge

The PAB is by an unknown maker referred to as the 'Juncker set up' type. There are two variations 'A' and 'B', but it's hard to say which in this case. It's very similar to the S&L 'Classic set up' badge but the slight difference in the design of the eagles head and the higher positioned catch plate confirm it's the former unknown maker type.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by meyerse View Post
    Ask the question another way, why was this discarded with a belt and helmet and an unbroken tag?
    Not knowing enough about where this unit served, I can only speak on this with feelings about what my father went through.
    It was known by the soldiers that served in Russia that to be caught by the Russians would, (especially wearing a black wrap), mean certain death, likely shot on sight. Also, any germans that fought on the Russian front and captured by allied forces would be turned over to the Russians as was their agreement.
    I believe, (I can not ask my father about this directly as he passed in 1985), that he disposed of his uniform and likely any documentation connecting him to the 16th Panzer Div. as well as probably his erkennungsmarken.
    The helmet, likely just disposed of at war's end to reduce weight.
    It would not really surprise me if these items were found somewhere in Russia.
    Ralph.

Quote by MrPotts View Post
    I'll ask him if it's silver badge
    It's likely bronze as they out number known silver originals by at least 10 to 1, some even say 99% are bronze.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast