Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

A few more relics.....

Article about: Ok, Been another cold and snowy day here so i did one of the few things that brightens the day up for me....Relic shopping! Picked up these 4 helmets from a local chap. He frequently goes to

Default Re: A few more relics.....

I meant that it is raised but fairly wide and a smallish hole ( although that could just be the corrosion ) .... just to me it looks unusual and I am trying to guess the maker ( it is the 3rd & 4th photos in the second post )

No concerns, just an observation
    cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A few more relics.....
    P
    Many

Just the second photo on the second post, i will pop you a closer pic of the vent hole tomorrow in the light This is a reason i like relics, i learn alot about the helmets, and knowing where they were found encourages me to study that area

As promised here are a few pictures in the light. I'll put each helmet under a separate post so it doesn't get confusing.

First is what i think is a M35? with a nice amount of liner present. The tag shows where it was found. Ignore the price, that's not what i paid for it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A few more relics.....   A few more relics.....  

A few more relics.....   A few more relics.....  

Second one: Unfortunately has been eaten a way a bit on the side, saying that, i think id be a bit fragile after 60+ years in the ground I dont know if it is a trace of a decal or oxidization?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A few more relics.....   A few more relics.....  

A few more relics.....  

Number 3: What i think is Luftwaffe due to the colour inside? Nice to have its liner band and reminiscence of the owners name, shame i cant make it out.

And last but not least...Looks like someone ripped the liner out of it rather than it just rotting.

?

Nice relic helmets Yes #1 is a M35 i am sure. Thanks for showing them here

Cheers

?

This peninsula Hela in German formed part of the "Baltic Balcony" in February and March 1945 including the area around Danzig and Gotenhafen it was held by the Germans whilst large scale evacuations of Troops and Civilans took place from Hela by the Kriegsmarine before it was destroyed by the 2nd Belorussian Front of the Red Army leading to a large scale loss of life and destruction , it was the German version of " Dunkirk " !!

Interesting place to have a few relics from !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    This peninsula Hela in German formed part of the "Baltic Balcony" in February and March 1945 including the area around Danzig and Gotenhafen it was held by the Germans whilst large scale evacuations of Troops and Civilans took place from Hela by the Kriegsmarine before it was destroyed by the 2nd Belorussian Front of the Red Army leading to a large scale loss of life and destruction , it was the German version of " Dunkirk " !!

Interesting place to have a few relics from !!
    Fab! Thanks for the information. The young chap was telling me how he started metal detecting over there when he was 4 with his dad. He certainly has a few more relics which i will be purchasing over the next few weeks.

?

Ah right i know who you have got them off now Vicky !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2