Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

FJ Relic Helmet

Article about: Hi there I just register and i'm new to this Forum !! i'm originally from Caen , Normandy and i've moved to Canada 9 years ago... i sold my complete WW2 U.S , Canadian and pretty much my all

?

Default Re: FJ Relic Helmet

I really like it! ..I think I may have have seen this one on an auction site. I might even have bid against you! as fare as the rust goes,I have used WD-40 spray in the past on my relic m40 and it really helped . also it 'pepped' up the paint , or at least what was left of it. here are some reference pics as to what it looked like before and after.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture FJ Relic Helmet   FJ Relic Helmet  

FJ Relic Helmet   FJ Relic Helmet  

FJ Relic Helmet   FJ Relic Helmet  

FJ Relic Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement FJ Relic Helmet
    P
    Many

?

Hairspray will also help to keep it from flaking and rusting.....but the best thing you can do is keep it in a nice dry environment, and it should last for years....

If it were mine, I'd hit with a few coats of hairspray.....

alright !! And thanks for the advices, and i love the result on your helmet Dean, i'll try my chance, but no acid
    Eletrolyse or else because for now i want to keep it as it as much as i can !! i just rubbed it slowly with a soft cloth and SURPRISE there is much more paint than i thought and it looks slightly like camo pattern, i will post pics tomorrow !! and i'll go for the hairspray or the wd-40..

?

WD-40 actually removes paint so its not the best thing for helmets, ive never used hairspray so i cant comment, you could use Ren wax, that will give it a protective coating and also bring out the look more

Hello

here is the result with just slight cleaning with a soft cloth, and the cork appears to be very strong, some few remains of the original paint, and maybe a camo, it seems more visible for real that on the pics, Liner 61, helmet 71..
    should i go further ?
    your thoughts on this ? thanks

FJ Relic HelmetFJ Relic HelmetFJ Relic HelmetFJ Relic HelmetFJ Relic HelmetFJ Relic HelmetFJ Relic HelmetFJ Relic HelmetFJ Relic HelmetFJ Relic HelmetFJ Relic HelmetFJ Relic HelmetFJ Relic HelmetFJ Relic HelmetFJ Relic HelmetFJ Relic HelmetFJ Relic HelmetFJ Relic Helmet

I love it!!!! A am also trying to find an original relic, but solid fallschirmjager helmet like yours, plus you can be certain its ORIGINAL!!! I currently have an M42 helmet, and I am thinking about what to use to bring the paint out, so what is best? WD40, hairspray ...? Thanks, and great helmet! Patrick

and a nice dutch WW2 helmet you have there in the background

?

A very nice relic FJ helmet. Congrats!

Just leave it "as is", or use the hair spray as advised.

The crack is most likely a frost "bite". Most of the time, let's say 8 out of 10 times cracks on relic helmets come from water/wet soil expanding when freezing. We find a lot of them in Russia.

Regards, Lars

Thank you Datrus !!

and i like the frost bite lesson which is true !!! and yes i wil let it as is !!!

best regards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2